chapter 8

*Rachel's POV* I can't believe he's back... well, I'm back really. He never left. But, just getting to talk to him and see him sent chills down my back. Why now, though? I was finally happy again. I don't know what I expected. Maybe I thought that I would never see him again. Which wasn't likely considering that we would be living in the same city... But that fight tonight... It's all I can think about. The last things he said, I can't get them out of my head... "I still love you" and "I need you"... I didn't feel that way... not until he was gone. The hole that he left me with was back again. The pain of losing him spread throughout my body... Now, I'm sitting on my couch, staring at the lamp... Unsuccessfully trying to stop the tears from flowing down my face... It's no use. I know that I need him as much as he needs me. But, I'm undecided. I really do like Brody. He's sweet, and treats me right. I can't bare the thought of hurting him, leaving him just to get back in a relationship that might hurt me just as much as it will hurt him. I just need a break... from everything. I need Quinn.

*Finn's POV* I shouldn't have been so rough with her. I know I made her upset, and that kills me. But I heard what I needed to. She still loves me, so I have hope. I just need to figure out a way to show her that I'm not the way I came off to be today. Who knows? It might have been a bad idea to text her and go talk to her tonight. But screw that. I decided a long time ago to just go with the flow. I can't always control how my life plays out. Well, I could.. But I choose not to. It doesn't always turn out how it's planned, but whatever. I'm a big kid, I can handle things.

*With Rachel one week later*
Rachel: *calling Quinn*
Quinn: Hello?
Rachel: Quinn, hey!
Quinn: Rachel, is this you?
Rachel: Yeah! How are you?
Quinn: Doing good... Sorry I haven't called you in so long. I've been busy.
Rachel: It's fine... But guess what! I'm back in New York.
Quinn: Really? Oh my gosh! We have to meet for lunch tomorrow! Will that work for you? You can see Josh.
Rachel: Your son?
Quinn: Yeah! Oh, Rach... He's precious. You should see Puck with him... It's so funny!
Rachel: Yeah, I've seen him.... He's adorable!
Quinn: Stalk much?
Rachel: No, no... Let me explain. I was at the park last week and ran into Finn. He was with this girl and your baby...
Quinn: Rach... are you ok?
Rachel: *tears up* Fine... I'm fine.
Quinn: You don't sound fine. We'll talk about it tomorrow...
Rachel: Thanks... *sniffles*
Quinn: Anything for you... I'll see you tomorrow.
Rachel: It's a date!
Quinn: Hah... Ok, bye.