chapter 11

PREVIOUSLY ON IT TAKES TIME....

*Finn's POV* I've thought and thought... I can't bring myself to do it. She's with him now, and I can't bare the thought of hurting either one of them. Maybe we weren't meant to be... Maybe I was wrong. If I hurt her, she'll never forgive me and I'll lose her forever. I can't let that happen. So, I'm going to let her be. I'm going to leave her alone, and if the universe wants us to be together, then we will be. It'll just take time.

*knock on the door*
Finn: *goes to open it* Rachel?
Rachel: Finn! *smiling big* Finn....

*Finn's POV* Wow, the universe sure does act fast...
----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--------------------------------
Finn: Rachel? What are you doing here?
Rachel: FINN! *Runs and hugs him tight*
Finn: *shocked, but hugs back*
Rachel: I'm sorry I didn't call...
Finn: Are you back? I mean, to me?
Rachel: Only if you'll take me.
Finn: Of course I will... you don't even know....
Rachel: I think I do know.
Finn: I missed you. *still hugging*
Rachel: I missed you too...
Finn: What about Brody?
Rachel: I broke up with him...
Finn: Was he mad? Does he hate me now?
Rachel: No, he saw the way I looked at you. He said to go for it.
Finn: He's a good guy. But, he doesn't know how much I love you...
Rachel: He does, but he didn't feel that with me. And I didn't feel that with him..
Finn: Do we have that?
Rachel: I don't know, do we?
Finn: *kisses her passionately*

*Finn's POV* Finally... That's all I can think. Finally, I can hold her again. Finally, I can kiss her, and hug her... It's been so long. I've been so lonely. Our lips can't make up for the lost time.... I'm so happy in this moment. I just want time to stop. Or, make it to where I'm this happy all of the time.

Rachel: *kisses back*
Finn: *after a while, pulls away* Does that answer your question?
Rachel: I think so... We have something special.
Finn: Yeah, especially if you can just walk in here after a year, and still love me the same as when you left.
Rachel: See? That's where you're wrong...
Finn: About what? I'm always right. *smiles*
Rachel: Uh, huh... Whatever gets you to sleep at night... No, I was talking about the love part.
Finn: I thought you did love me.
Rachel: I do, but it's stronger now than when I left. It was so hard after I left. I couldn't do anything without you. But, I figured out that we needed separation to really realize how much we really love each other. You're like my other half. I'm not complete without you, and I think the same goes for you...
Finn: I regretted sending you off for so long. I was the same. I was a mess after you left. But, it was the right thing to do. You wanted that more than anything, and who was I to stop you from achieving your goal? What kind of person would do that? I knew that if I was going to be your husband, then I would have to try to push you to your limit... Make you try and do everything you were capable of. Because, you do that for me too.
Rachel: I love you... *hugs him again around the neck*
Finn: I love you too.