chapter 15

*Finn and Rachel go to lunch and are sitting down eating...*
Finn: So, I was just like, sitting there trying so hard not to laugh. It was such an awkward experience.
Rachel: Jeez Finn... That was an intense story.
Finn: Well, you told me about your past year, so I had to tell you something eventful that happened to me!
Rachel: Wow... Let's just not speak of this...... ever again.
Finn: Well, my life wasn't as interesting as yours this past year... Sorry...
Rachel: It's fine... let's just drop it.
Finn: *smiles at her* I love you, you know that?
Rachel: Yeah, I know... And I love you too.
Finn: I know... *waits a few minutes* Rach, I need to know where we stand...
Rachel: What do you mean?
Finn: Like, the last time we were together, we were a month away from getting married. Do you want me to propose again. Because I know that I'll end up marrying you if you want that. And by recent events, I think you do...
Rachel: Well, of course I want that... But you can't get me back that easily. We've only been back together for like a week. Wait a while... and yes, you have to propose again. I'm not wearing the ring am I?
Finn: *smiling* Fine... I will. But I won't wait too long. And I'll do it when you're least expecting it.
Rachel: I know you too well... I bet I'll be able to tell when it's coming.
Finn: Well, I've picked up a few tricks from Puck. I'm like Puck 2.0...
Rachel: Should I be worried?
Finn: Probably, but I won't go to his extremities...
Rachel: Good... I'd leave you if you did.
Finn: Ok, I'll never do that then... You don't have to worry about anything.*Gets up and goes to sit on Rachel's side of the booth and hugs her*
Rachel: Good, because I don't want to go.
Finn: You better not.

*Finn's POV* I'm gonna have to wait? I figured that I'd have to propose again... But I didn't think I'd have to 'wait a while'. I really don't want to. Usually, it's the other way around. The girl want to get married, and the guy wants to wait. But in two situations this time, it's switched. I'm the one who wants to get married and have kids. Yes, I want children. After we're married of course, but I thought that we would get married soon. I mean, we're 21... She's almost 22. We're ready right? I know we're young, but why wait? I love her, she loves me... I don't see the problem. I get it, it was over a year ago that we were engaged, but it's clear that that hasn't changed. I'm going to wait a week, then think about it... Maybe I won't... Didn't I say screw morals? Shit, I'm gonna do it... I'll propose when I what to.

Rachel: Well, we better go home soon and get ready to keep Josh tonight.
Finn: Yeah, you're right.
Rachel: I figure he'll stay the night, so where is he gonna sleep?
Finn: Oh, I have a crib in the spare bedroom...
Rachel: Since when?
Finn: I got it after he was born. I know he'd be staying with his favorite uncle a bunch, so I bought one.
Rachel: Wow, you're prepared.
Finn: So do we still have to go home?
Rachel: Yes! The house isn't going to clean itself is it?
Finn: I guess not... but I really don't want to clean.
Rachel: Well, suck it up big boy, you are...
Finn: Awwww! No, please...
Rachel: Too bad! Let's go!
Finn: Ok, but you owe me big time.
Rachel: And what would that favor be?
Finn: Oh, you'll figure it out soon enough.