chapter 2

*They eat dinner and Finn goes home.*

*Lying in bed... Finn POV* Puck and Quinn seem so happy... I'm excited for them. But I can't help but think of her... Where she is, what she's doing, how she's feeling.... If she misses me as much as I miss her... I know she's off fulfilling her dreams, but is it bad to be wishing she were here with me? I don't think so... I mean, I did send her off. I made her go out and chase her destiny while I stayed here. I'm not the least bit jealous, but I miss her. There are countless nights that I think she's moved on... She's found someone better for her, someone who can be there for her always. I used to think that I was that guy, but I'm not so sure anymore. After the first month apart, we lost contact. She was busy with her schedule, and I was too. But I can't fight the feeling that there's something out there for me too. I'm lost without her, and if she can find her dream, then so can I... I'm just going to have to look harder.
----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--------------------------------

*Meanwhile with Quinn and Puck*
Puck: Finn seemed a little off tonight didn't he?
Quinn: Maybe a bit... just distant.
Puck: Do you think it has anything to do with Rach?
Quinn: Probably.... You can see that she's all he thinks about.
Puck: That's not good. He needs to find himself. He's so lost.
Quinn: Yeah... He's been a train wreck ever since she left.
Puck: I don't even think they talk anymore. They haven't in months.
Quinn: She was his rock. He needs to find something to occupy him. I was talking with him on the phone the other night, and suggested a job... He said he was too busy.
Puck: He is... studying... That's hard stuff.
Quinn: I know... Been there, done that... But, he's broken down... It's hard to see him like that.
Puck: He just looks tired of fighting it. I know it was his decision, but it's killing him inside.
Quinn: I talked to Rachel the other day...
Puck: Did Finn ask about her?
Quinn: Oddly, no... He didn't. But she's doing well.
Puck: Good. Where is she?
Quinn: Right now, she's in Georgia, but I think she said she's going to North Carolina tomorrow.
Puck: Is she happy, or miserable like Finn?
Quinn: She seems happy enough. She misses him, but she has her distractions. He has nothing except us.
Puck: It's going to be harder once the baby gets here... you know, to be there for him too.
Quinn: We won't worry about that now... When the time comes, we will... But that won't be for a while, so just don't worry.
Puck: Ok, good night.
Quinn: I love you.
Puck: Love you too.

*Puck's POV* She's right. He is a train wreck. All he does is mope around, looking tired and warn out. He's been fighting with himself, probably beating himself up for letting her go. But, he needs to know that she's happy doing whatever it is that she does... I have to tell him that everything's going to work out. He'll find his calling, just like I found mine... sort of. I'm meant to be here for the one I love and protect my future family. I have no doubt that Finn will get back to Rachel somehow. They were always meant to be together... I don't know grown up life too well, but if I were to describe a "grown up relationship", it would be theirs. It was always so real... and that's coming from me. They were meant to end up with each other.