chapter 7

*Finn's POV* I couldn't help but text her... This would be the first text she's gotten from me in almost a year. I can't believe that this is happening. How long has she been back? And most importantly, why'd she just dump me in the dirt like that? I mean, I know I don't look totally innocent here, with a girl and a baby... But, I haven't done anything. She's over there swapping spit with that other guy, so I had to break it up. She gets the text and looks up... I dumbly look at her and wave. She gets up and walks over.

Rachel: Finn?
Finn: Rachel...
Rachel: Meet me at my apartment tonight at 7... we need to talk. I'll text you my address.
Finn: Ok, see you then.

*Finn's POV* All of those emotions rush back to me... I have mixed feelings about this. I'm mad because she's with someone else, I'm happy because she's here, and I'm scared because I don't know what's going to happen tonight. It's all so confusing.

*At 7*
Finn: *knocks on her door*
Rachel: *opens the door* Hi Finn. Come in.
Finn: *looking around* Nice place... it's cool.
Rachel: Thanks... Listen, we really need to talk.
Finn: I'm all ears...
Rachel: Ok, first... Why in the hell would you text me? We haven't spoken for a year, and you expect everything to go back to the way it was?
Finn: Woah! Ok, I just saw you and said hi... Why are you getting so mad about this?
Rachel: Look, I know you're not going to like this, but I'm asking you to respect it. I've started dating someone else. I really like him... I'm sorry, but it's true. And I can see clearly that you moved on to, so don't get mad at me.
Finn: *scoffs* No, ok... Lauren is my friend. Not anything else. And that's Quinn and Puck's baby... You would know if you had come home to see him when he was born! *yelling by now*
Rachel: *slaps him across the cheek* Look, I'm busy! You wouldn't know! All you do is sit around and eat! I'm surprised you're still in college, dumb ass!
Finn: *Puts his hands up* Oh, well at least I still am! You're kind of being a bitch, you know that?
Rachel: What did you just call me?
Finn: A bitch... you want to hear it again? *They've been yelling this whole time*
Rachel: You know, I don't even know why I ever loved you! You're an asshole!
Finn: You said you "liked" this other guy... you don't love him...
Rachel: You don't know anything... He's better than you'll ever be.
Finn: Do you really believe that?
Rachel: You know what? Get out! Now... I shouldn't have invited you over! *shoves and pushes him*
Finn: I'm not going... I want to hear the truth! *yelling again*
Rachel: I've already told you!
Finn: Spit it out! You haven't even begun what you wanted to tell me... What is it? Huh? I can take it, I'm a big boy!
Rachel: *slaps him again* Well, you sure aren't acting like it! You're horrible! You want to know? Really? Do you REALLY want to know?
Finn: Lay it on me! I'm not afraid! *still shouting*
Rachel: I HATE YOU! I hated you for everything you put me through! I loved you, and you dumped me in the dirt... You left me..
Finn: *shouting* And you don't think I didn't have a hard time? My life SUCKED ASS without you! But I thought I was helping you! I really did... I guess not though..
Rachel: You did... But that's the past... You don't need to help me anymore.
Finn: Yeah, you've got someone better for that apparently!
Rachel: Would you just give it a break?!?
Finn: No, you know what? No, I won't! I still love you Rachel! I really do! I think about you every minute of everyday!
Rachel: No... Stop saying that!
Finn: It's true... Like it or not, we're meant to be together!
Rachel: Finn, please leave... please.
Finn: Look me in the eye and tell me you don't love me, and I'll go.
Rachel: Finn...
Finn: Do it, and I'll leave... I swear, I'll never bother you or your boyfriend again.
Rachel: Finn, I love you, but give me some space... I need time to sort things out in my head...
Finn: Fine, but in the mean time, call me...
Rachel: No, I'm not doing that.
Finn: Listen, I need you... Now that you're back in my life, you're not getting out...
Rachel: Just leave...
Finn: Fine... Bye.
Rachel: Bye... *closes the door*