chapter 17

Finn: *holding Josh* Ok, buddy! What do you want to do?
Rachel: He's precious... Can I hold him?
Finn: Sure... Just be careful! Isn't that right, little man? You don't want to get hurt do you? No, I didn't think so.
Rachel: *smiling* You're so cute with him...
Finn: I'm just practicing...
Rachel: For what?
Finn: When we have kids.... if we have kids.
Rachel: Oh, we will... Don't worry. I just don't know when.
Finn: Yeah, well...
Rachel: I don't get it... *holding Josh now*
Finn: Don't get what?
Rachel: Kids used to freak you out when we babysat together.
Finn: Well, those kids were vicious.
Rachel: No they weren't.
Finn: Are you kidding me? They hit me in the balls with a baseball bat. I don't think you realize how much that hurts.
Rachel: Which kids?
Finn: Uhh... the only ones I helped you with. That was my first and last experience babysitting in high school.
Rachel: I don't remember that.
Finn: Yeah... I know. They waited until you were in the bathroom or outside talking to your grandma... Something like that. They were evil.
Rachel: Jeez... Why didn't you ever tell me about that?
Finn: I did! Multiple times. Whenever you tried to get me to babysit with you.
Rachel: Ok, yeah. I'm starting to remember you telling me that...
Josh: *starts crying*
Rachel: Awww... poor baby. I think someone's got a dirty diaper! Here, let me go--
Finn: I got it... *takes Josh to the spare bedroom*
Rachel: You know how to change a diaper?
Finn: Yeah. I've done it many times before.
Rachel: You keep him a lot don't you?
Finn: Uh, about twice a month. He likes to come and see me... *baby voice* Don't you? You like to come and stay with me... Yes you do!
Rachel: Awww... I think you're worse than Puck.
Finn: Really? No, you haven't seen him.
Rachel: Yeah, not "to his extremities."
Finn: *laughs* Ok, all better!

*Rachel's POV* Wow, he's so good with him... I really can't believe this. He used to freak out when I would ask him to babysit with me. I mean, like, throw a tantrum. But now, he handles Josh so well. I know I want kids with him, but I want to be married first. I'm just so confused. Part of me wants to just be married already, and part of me wants to wait because we've only been back together for a few weeks. I know that I'm going to be with him for the rest of my life, but it kind of feels weird. You know what? It'll happen when it happens! He'll ask me when he wants to. Truth is.... I want to get married. I don't care if I'm young or if people think I'm not ready.... I love him, and that's that. End of discussion.

Finn: Well, it's almost his bed time, so do you want to watch a movie?
Rachel: Sure. Are you going to put him to bed?
Finn: Yeah, you go pick out a movie. They're by th---
Rachel: I know where they are.
Finn: Hah, I forgot that you used to live here!
Rachel: Yeah...

*Finn puts Josh to bed and walks in to find Rachel on the couch.*
Finn: Hey... What did you pick out?
Rachel: Well, I pi-
Finn: Wait, let me guess... Funny Girl?
Rachel: You know me too well...
Finn: Yep! Let's watch it.
Rachel: Ok... Love you...
Finn: I love you too.