chapter 9

*At lunch*

*Quinn's POV* Rachel sounded so sad yesterday on the phone... No, not sad, confused. I can't even imagine how torn up she is about this. I mean, just over a year ago, she was engaged to Finn. Now, she's with someone else... and Finn's back. And he's nothing if not relentless. He won't give up. It's going to be hell for her... I have to be there for her when she needs me. I've got my plate full already, but I think I can handle a few more things.

Rachel: *Gets to the restaurant and sits down with Quinn* Hey!
Quinn: You look great Rach! I can't believe you're back!
Rachel: I know!
Josh: *starts crying*
Rachel: Awww.... he is adorable Quinn. He looks a lot like Puck.
Quinn: I know... *talking to Josh* Is my baby boy fussy? Huh? Are you hungry? Yeah... *starts feeding him his bottle*
Rachel: Oh my.... what a momma's boy!
Quinn: Yeah, well...
Rachel: So how's your new life? Tired?
Quinn: You don't even know... On average, I get 4 hours of sleep a night.
Rachel: Jeez... You need more than that!
Quinn: Well, on second thought, maybe you do know... You look tired Rach... What's wrong?
Rachel: Nothing, I'm fine. I just didn't get a lot of sleep last night.
Quinn: Is it because of Finn?
Rachel: ....... yeah.
Quinn: Rach... You're so hung up on this. I get it, it's hard. But just talk to me. Tell me what you think about it... about him.
Rachel: I really love him. I love him so much. That feeling is never gonna go away Quinn. I know it. But, I don't want to hurt Brody. I like him too... I'm so confused in my head right now. I was so messed up after we... separated last year. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat. I was a train wreck. It was horrible. Brody helped me through all of that.
Quinn: You said you loved Finn, and you liked Brody.... The answer is clear to me, but take your time in figuring it out for yourself.
Rachel: It's not that simple... You don't understand how much that hurt. I was heart broken. I really hated him... I regretted ever loving him. But, he came over last night. We had a big fight, and he said that he still loved me. But the image of him with that other girl keeps creeping into my mind.
Quinn: What? Lauren?
Rachel: Yeah, I think that's what he said her name was.
Quinn: Don't worry, Lauren is like your Brody... except they never dated... It's more like a bff thing for them... He stayed faithful Rach.
Rachel: 10 points for making me feel bad... Thanks.
Quinn: Sorry, just letting you know.
Rachel: Ok, so I have that covered... Now I'm stuck with the bigger question: What do I do?
Quinn: Just follow your heart. Ask yourself who you really love... I know what I think, but that doesn't dictate what you should do...
Rachel: And what do you think?
Quinn: I've never met Brody, but I think that you and Finn were always perfect for each other... He made you happy, and you could see it in his eyes whenever he looked at you that he loved you with everything he was.
Rachel: Ok, I need some time to think this through... But I just want to change the subject. I've thought about this too long and too hard...
Quinn: That's fine with me...