🌹Chapter Twenty - Eight🌹

Start from the beginning

It was strange to have people talk about something that you've done and love it, that feeling is something that's wonderful but overwhelming at the same time. Perhaps I'm not used to that. Mostly people only talk about how young and inexperienced I am for owning a company that has made it to the top two.

"That only makes it better. Everyone has to know what I'm wearing so they won't be wearing the same thing, even if my dress is custom-made" She says and I roll my eyes. Of course hers is also custom-made, she always has her dresses custom-made. But in her defense they always look beautiful, just a little too much for my taste.

"Of course" I say sarcastically. "Maybe you will bump into someone that is wearing the same dress as you and you won't feel as special anymore" She tells me and I roll my eyes yet again. "Yeah, because everyone has the same ideas as me and a designer that would design two dresses the same" I say again sarcastically.

"You are impossible" She says and pretends to be hurt when I know she's only acting. I smile as I stand up from the table and walk back upstairs. Both my mom and I need to get ready. The gala may be tonight but it will take all day to make myself ready and believe me it will.

A think a couple of years ago when mom hosted this gala she was late to her very own gala because she was taking too long to get ready but she was "fashionable late" as she said it and at the time I saw how much stress she was going through. I need to make sure that doesn't happen to me. I want to be down there when the first guests arrive.

When I'm in my room I go to the bathroom to take a shower and I'm going to take my time in the shower. Clean my entire body with soap and then shampoo my hair along with conditioner. Literally shave my all the hairs on my body except for my head and then when I'm out of the shower I put on lotion everywhere, on my hands and feet's chest.

I also put on face cream to hydrate my face as I always get dry skin after showering. When I'm done I dry my hair and then brush it through to make is smooth and beautiful. I put on some deodorant. When I'm done I go into a black lace bra and panties to match before I go back into my room to dress into fresh clothes.

I will just be wearing that until I go into the dress which will happen later on because first I need to do other things. I look at the clock to see that it's only about ten in the morning and I still have a lot of time but not too much. When you're getting ready for a gala or a party it seems that time is not on your side.

At least not now. This is taking so long and time is slipping by me too fast which I'm not a big fan of. I head downstairs only to see if everything is all right and it is still perfect which I want to keep it like because I've spent a lot of time planning this and it just needs to be perfect. And I will make sure it is.

"Rosie, it looks perfect. Now go up there and not come back down here until you're in your dress with your perfect make-up on and your hair in a pretty hairstyle" Mom says and I roll my eyes. "Mom, what are you doing here?" I ask her. She's in a towel and she should be in her own room getting ready since she really needs to get ready, like I do.

"Following you, since I saw you walk down here" She says as if I was supposes to know that but I didn't. I wasn't even looking towards her room while I was coming down here, perhaps I was just so busy thinking that I needed this to be perfect that I wasn't paying attention to anything other than that.

"Mom, you should be getting ready" I tell her, saying what I was thinking. "And you shouldn't be walking around the house in a towel" I tell her and she shakes her head. "Sweetie, this is my house. If I want to walk around in a towel, I can walk around in a towel. Also, no one is here, yet" She says and laughs.

"Now, we both are going to get ready and since I can't see you, I will need to rush you so I will be able to see you" She whispers the last part but I did hear it. "Mom. I'm going. I just need to check the fridge to see if nothing has gotten ruined" I say and that was a bit mistake on my end because she shakes her head.

"Oh, no. That is not happening. Believe me, everything is in this rightful place and you don't need to worry about it" She says and I frown about it. She takes my wrist and pulls me upstairs and into my room. I really want to see but I will have to agree with my mom but there is just a little fear inside of me that everything is ruined.

"Fine, but I will check it later" I tell her and she nods. "Sure, whatever you want" She tells me and I think she wasn't even listening because she's looking around the room to see if there is anything that tells her what I will be wearing and I roll my eyes. So that is the reason why she followed me.

She wanted to escort me back into my room so that she would be able to get a little sneak peek on the dress I will be wearing. I smirk when I realize that and I give her a look that says I-know-what-you're-doing and she understands that and sighs. "All right, I'm going" She says but she's still trying to see and when she doesn't she frowns.

I giggle to myself as I close the door. She had forgotten to look into my closest. It's a walk through closet and it is there in all its glory. I had put it there because I didn't want anything happening to it or anyone seeing it. Only four eyes have seen that dress. The one who made it and mine and it will stay like that until the gala tonight.

I have tried it on and that dress literally makes me the prettiest woman on earth and it was so stunning that I love it and I like it on me and it really does fit me and it's perfect. I sit down on my bed and look at my nightstand. On it is a ring that I got.

A ring that has 'Marry me Rose' engraved inside of it and ever since I found it I kept looking at it, re-reading what was written on it over and over again to make sure that I was reading it right and each time I was which shocked me to the core. Tears form in my eyes as I think of the one who gave me this ring, and I know it is meant for me. Shaking my head, I put the ring back, I can't think like that now, I can't think about him. I have a gala to prepare for.