🌹Chapter Thirty - Four🌹

🌹R O S E II🌹

🌹CHAPTER THIRTY - FOUR🌹

Alexander and I are in the car in front of the company building and it looks just the same and somehow it's like I never even left but in reality it has been a couple of days. "Is it strange that I'm nervous to go back in there?" I ask him, but I was more importantly asking myself that question.

I don't know why I'm nervous, I'm not sure what is happening to me. This is my own building and I should be able to walk in there like normally, I own everything in there and I own this company. Well, with the man sitting beside me but still, I still own it even if it is with someone else.

"No, Rose, It's not strange. If you want I could go in there with you" He offers. I shake my head. "As much as that offer is tempting, I'm going to have to decline it" I tell him. I'm not a child and I don't need to be treated like I am so I'm doing this on my own. "But, then how will they all know that you're all mine?" He asks and I give him a strange look.

This guy is unbelievable sometimes and I'm amazed that he can be good one minute and the next he's angry with someone, and in this case, he's between. "I don't belong to you, Mr. Knight" I remind him and he rolls his eyes at me. "So back on last name bases, are we future Mrs. Knight" He says with a smirk.

The way he said it makes me blush a deep tomato red. "Of course and to remind you, I have an engagement ring on my finger, wait, no I have two. I'm pretty sure people will get the message" I tell him and turn to get out of the car. "Just stay safe" He says and I roll my eyes as I get out of the car and towards the building.

Walking in somehow feel such relief but it still makes me feel so uneasy for some reason and I don't know why. But I still need to remind myself that this is my building and my company and I can walk in here like I own this and I do own this. I walk towards the elevator.

There aren't that many in the lobby but when I get to the elevator. Everyone is looking at me or it feels that way. I'm not sure if they actually are but it sure ones feel like it, I feel like so many eyes are staring into my soul and it makes me feel highly uncomfortable.

But, at last the elevator does reach the highest level or the twenty-sixth floor. When I get there I'm alone in the elevator as everyone else went on different floors until I was alone who was going to the top one. My heart races in my chest as the doors of the elevator begin to open.

The office springs to life and I walk out of the elevator with a smile on my face. Familiar faces come to my vision and they all smile my way and some even come over to greet me. My heart begins to calm down when I realize that this is all right. It might have been a couple of days that have passed but with everything that has been going on these past days that it feels like months have passed.

I make it to my office and walk inside. A faint smell of my mom's perfume is in the air which isn't exactly that bad. The office is rather empty but I find myself missing everything. I truly have been missing this place since this has been my safe heaven for so long.

Closing the doors and locking it, looking for some peace and quiet from the noise outside my office, that is the one thing that I've not missed. I make my office sound proof so that no sounds from outside can be heard but there are sounds from inside the office that can heard from outside.

I sometimes need to call out if someone is knocking. Which does remind me that I need a new secretary. Miss Scott was excellent in her job but after everything she did quit and I've not heard from her since. It's such a shame since I really did like her, she was a good employee and she was my friend, even after what she did.