In her eyes, society was fucked, people still got abused for being a different race, for being a different sexuality, for having different beliefs and it wasn't on, why couldn't everyone just accept people for who they are not what they are? Why should someone's sexual orientation decipher your opinion on them, when you don't know them? Why should someone's race construe your mind, when you don't know them? Why should someone's differing beliefs instantly make up your mind about them, when you don't know them?

——— ••• ———

"It's good to know you didn't forget about us," Harrison's friend, Ezra joked as the group of four waited at the bar to order drinks. Ezra was a mousey blonde boy with bright blue eyes and was known for his incredible broad shoulders, he used to play rugby back in Secondary School but he dislocated his knee pretty badly so had to give it up. Ezra had been friends with Harrison since primary school, they'd had a fairly rocky start because they both liked this red car that they were able to play with and it always resulted in bickering.

Arthur was the shortest in the group, he had light brown hair and light brown eyes, he was really good at art and often sold some of his pieces online, he'd ask for requests often from fans of celebrities and would get a good price depending on how good the buyer thought it was. He'd been friends with Harrison since secondary school, they met in art class and Harrison had complimented his work, they ended up blossoming a friendship from then on.

Finally, Zuri was the new boy in year eight after having to move schools because the travel was too much, Ezra got sat next to him and then offered him to spend time with Arthur and Harrison, they all hit it off instantly. Zuri was just an inch shorter than Harrison, with dreadlocks and dark brown eyes; he'd always had an interest in mechanics and at the end managed to achieve that job.

"Sometimes I wish I had. . ." Harrison joked with his mates and Ezra whacked him on the chest playfully, it was nice to spend time with them all again, it had been far too long.

The four all had their pints in hand and took a quick sip before they found themselves a suitable table that was in the corner of the room. They hadn't spent time together for far too long, they all had their own careers to focus on that, and Harrison was hardly ever in Manchester anymore so it was often difficult to arrange something when all of them would be free.

"You still with Sav?" Harrison asked Zuri, who's face lit up at the mention of his beautiful girlfriend of three years, but then his face morphed into a slight frown.

"We're still together, we're just a bit off at the moment," Zuri explained with a sad sigh. He met Savannah when he had his part-time job when he was in training to become a full-time mechanic, she worked in the same shop as he did and they almost instantly hit off, they went on many a date before they officially made things official but it was like they both knew straight away that they fit.

"Sorry to hear that, what's going on?" Harrison asked, concerned, Zuri and Sav had been together for a long time now, they were perfect for each other. Obviously, every relationship has its differences, Harrison just hated seeing one of his best mates with such a sorrowful expression.

"I don't know man, I got the impression that she thinks I'm cheating on her but I wouldn't do that—I love that girl so fucking much," Zuri spoke, the pain evident in his voice.

Harrison put his arm around him and patted him on the back "I'm not the best person to give you relationship advice because you know how my last one worked out," Harrison started and earned a few chuckles "But I think, as cliche as it sounds, you should just talk to her, see how she's feeling," Harrison explained, Zuri nodded in agreement. He was glad to have such supportive friends.