30

32 weeks

"Harper, you have got to help me!" Kenzie whined. "Calum's birthday is literally tomorrow and I have nothing planned."

"You do this every year, Kenz. Go get him a gift card and call it a day." Harper responded nonchalantly.

"I can't do that Harp and you know it. It's different this year, we're dating."

"Oh really? I didn't know." She laughed. "He always blows you out of the water on birthdays anyways so I'm sure yours in April will be amazing."

"Not helpful, Harp." Kenz shot back.

"I'm just saying! Gift giving is not your strong suit, we as your friends all acknowledge your faults and that is one of them."

"Gee, how did I ever get so lucky to have a best friend like you." Mackenzie laughed sarcastically. "Help meeeee." She whined.

"Have you even got an idea?"

"Well, yeah, sort of. I planned a couple things for us to do but I feel like I need something I can physically give him."

"He wants sex not a Knick-knack." Harper said. "Please don't make me say that again."

"Hi, can we drop the sarcasm please I need help." Mack said seriously as Harper laughed.

"I'm not being sarcastic!"

"Okay well I need real gift help."

"You know him better than anyone, Mack. Don't doubt yourself. I'm sure whatever you've got planned he's going to love."

"Thanks." Mack said. "But you're no help."

"Happy Birthday!" Mackenzie whispered as she trailed butterfly kisses across Calum's tanned collarbone.

"Mmm." He moaned as his arms draped over her to pull her closer. "God, what a way to start my birthday. I used to dream about this you know?" He asked her.

"Really?" She replied.

"Yeah." He said, turning his neck so he could see her. His hand ran along the curve of her face, brushing back a stray curl from her face. "Mack I don't think you understand how long I've been in love with you."

She sighed and leaned into his touch, "I just wish you would've spoken up sooner. I wish so much time wouldn't have been wasted."

"I just didn't want to hurt you." He confessed.

"Yeah, but shit, think if you would've just let me marry him." They were silent for a moment, each of their minds flashing to what could have happened should he never have spoken up.

He squeezed his arms tighter around her and laughed as he felt the baby kick from inside of her.

"Hey, buddy." He said with a smile moving so his face was near her exposed abdomen. "I can't wait to meet you, little man. We're gonna be best friends. TBD Eaton and Cool Guy Cal forever."

"Oh my God." Mackenzie laughed. "You cannot call him 'To Be Determined.'"

"Then give him a name!" He said, rolling over, his hands on either side of her face as he hovered over her. Their eyes locked and he dipped his head to capture her lips with his.

She groaned as he pulled away and crawled off the bed, in route to the bathroom.

"So what are we doing today?" He called from the bathroom, appearing a moment later with his toothbrush in hand, brushing his teeth. "Since it's my birthday and all." He said with a large grin expecting her to complain about her lackluster gift.