28

Paternity Problems?

Paternity Problems?

Spotted: Calum Hood, bassist of Pop-rock band 5 Seconds of Summer, and actress friend, Mackenzie Eaton, departing the Sydney airport just ahead of the Christmas holidays. Hood and Eaton have been photographed together on numerous occasions, their friendship originating from Eaton's appearance in Hood's band's music video for Amnesia.

There's a surprise twist this time though... it seems Mackenzie is sporting a fairly developed baby bump. So the obvious question is: who's the daddy?

The assumed answer based on her recent travel to the Land of Oz, and the visible hickies on Mr. Hood's neck, would seem to point to him. However, a source close to the subject says, that the answer to that question may not even be known to Miss Eaton herself.

Followers of the aspiring actress will know that she was engaged to be married to Tanner Pate, an engineer at google. Eaton infamously called off the wedding and was spotted only days later, with Hood in Sydney. According to our source both Hood and Pate are potential fathers of the child and at this date it is unknown who the actual father may be.

Seems like Miss Eaton has herself in quite a mess.

@xJetBlackHeartx okay WTF! I always thought Kenzie would prove to be problematic. It's like Asparagus all over again

@EmpathyHoodieCal so like... are we going to discuss the fact that Cal might be a fucking dad???

@Calstatts can we agree that this whole thing is bs. Like the baby is probably Tanner's and she just knows Cal can give her money and status. She's a D rated actress at best. Just another gold digger, I don't know why he's even entertaining this

30 weeks

"Mack come on. We can't hide in here forever." Calum said to the brunette, looking over to her as she mindlessly scrolled through the available selections on Netflix.

"I can try." She deadpanned, not even bothering a glance his way.

"It's really not that bad, babe. I promise." He said gently, not wanting to set her off. Her mood swings as of late had been horrifying.

A soft sniffle from the couch prompted his gaze back to her and he sighed as he took in the sight of her. Her cheeks stained with tears, eyes red and puffy.

"Mack, no." He whispered, using his hands to propel himself up from his spot and closer to her on the couch. He threw his arm around her and rubbed her back as she cried into his chest. "Shhhh. It's all gonna be fine, love."

"No it's not." She sobbed.

"Mack..." He sighed, hating seeing her like this.

"They're calling me a whore and a gold digger, Cal." She said through her sobs.

"What?"

"Yeah, I read through social media. They all think that I either can't keep it in my pants and it could be literally anyone's kid. Or, they think that I've been two-timing both of you and now don't have a clue who's baby it could be."

"But that's not true, Mack." He rationalized.

"It might as well be!" She exclaimed. "I had to have a fucking paternity test for God's sake." She yelled, her sadness suddenly shifting to frustration.

"Babe, stop. Don't get yourself all worked up over this, it's bad for him. You're not supposed to be stressing like this."

"I can't help it." She said, her words distorted by her tears.

"Do you want me to say something?" He asked.

"That would just make it worse!" She said, her voice rising an octave.

"Okay, okay. You've nothing to be ashamed of Mack." He offered.

"How can you say that? You yourself didn't talk to me for weeks when we first started dealing with this."

"Wow," he said, hurt in his tone. "I thought we were past this?" He said, his face contorted by the pain of her words.

"Cal, we are." She said her voice softening. "I'm just saying that it's a little hypocritical of you to say there is nothing for any of them to judge me on when you yourself judge the situation."

He nodded and let the conversation die not wanting to dive farther into an argument. He rested his cheek against the top of her head, his arms draped around her sides, his finger drawing circles across her swollen belly.

She reached down, grasping his hand and placing it firmly against her skin as he felt the sharp kick from within her.

"Hi, bubba." He said, waiting for the response.

"Don't get him started." She said, giving him a warning glare. "You start talking and he gets all revved up."

"He knows already that we're gonna be best buds." Calum laughed, the tense mood of a few moments earlier dissipating completely.

"I don't deserve you, ya know." She whispered.

"What?"

"It's just. Anyone else in this situation would've run for the hills and never looked back. Yet here you are, still by my side and willing to raise this sweet little boy with me as your own." She shook her head as her eyes became glassy. "I just, I don't deserve you but I have no clue how I would be doing this without you."

He pressed a kiss to her temple and just held her closer. "I'm in, Mack. It's as simple as that."

Their silence returned.

"Have you thought about names anymore?" He asked her and she breathed a heavy sigh.

"I've got a few but nothing is standing out so far."

"Oh yeah? Let me hear them." He pressed.

"Okay, um, Jaxson, Darby, Hartwell, Tate, Hayes, Holland."

Calum snorted and she playfully punched him.

"Don't laugh at me!"

"I'm not laughing at you, baby." He said through his giggles. "Some of those names are just dreadful."

"Ugh. I give up. I'm just going to bring a baby book to the hospital flip it open point to a name and go with it." She humphed.

"Aw, come on now. Don't pout. We'll find him a great name. I promise. What do you say you go get changed and I take you out for some lunch?"

"Cal, I don't know. The paps are sure to hound us and I don't want to deal with questions about Tanner, or you, or who the babies dad is."

"We'll take our security." He offered.

"That'll deter them but you know it won't stop them from asking or from following us."

"No, but I also know we can't just stay in the house forever. We can't let them control your life, our life like this. Come on" he said grabbing her hands, "up you go." He pulled her to her feet and she rolled her eyes but headed dutifully towards her closet.

An: soft chapter for v day

Hope everyone had a great day with their loved ones whether that's your boo or your gals!

Vote and comment!

I love you all!
Sav 🖤