26

27 weeks

"Sorry I couldn't get get away to make the doctor's appointment today." Cal said as he stepped into the house, bending slightly to peck Mackenzie's lips as she held the door open for him.

"It's fine. It wasn't anything major. He's good, I'm good." She said, shrugging.

"I wanted to be there though, but she cleared you for the flight tomorrow still, right?" He asked, hopefully.

"Yep. She said to just make sure I don't over do it and that I stay hydrated, but that everything should be fine." She grinned.

"Good! I think my mum would have killed me if I showed up without you. She's really excited you're coming."

"You're sure I'm not imposing?" She asked, not wanting to interfere with his rare family time after already doing so the last time he'd been home to see his family.

"God no, Mack. I promise, you're wanted there, maybe more so than I am." He chuckled.

"I don't know about all that." She replied with a light laugh and a roll of her eyes. He beamed and leaned in to press another kiss to her temple.

"You already packed?" He asked, searching the room for her suitcase.

"Yep, my bag is still in my room but it's all ready." She said, tugging on his hand until he proceeded to follow her down the hallway into the room at Harper's she'd been staying in for the past few months. She gestured to the large purple suitcase.

"You packed for summer weather, right?" He asked, eyeing the size. "Shorts and Tank tops?"

"Yes," she said sheepishly. Though it's mostly dresses, shorts look dreadful on me now that little man finally decided to show off." She said, her hands dropping to rub over her rounded stomach.

"Your bump's still so little and cute though, and you'd look gorgeous wearing even a garbage bag, Kenz." He said honestly.

"Stop, it sounds weird hearing you call me anything but Mack." She laughed.

"Everyone else calls you Kenz and Kenzie." He said. "I don't see why you hate it when I do."

"I know, but it's because you aren't everyone." She said reaching out to bop his nose with her finger.

"You hate the nickname Mack from everyone else, but then you get annoyed when I call you anything else. You're a weird one, Mackenzie Grace."

"Ew, definitely don't bring my middle name into this. I like when you call me Mack because you were the first person who ever did, and the only one I let call me that. I actually love the nickname, I just don't like when anyone else calls me it because I like that it's special." She said, her cheeks flushing.

"Well, that, my beautiful Mack, is some cute shit." He said smiling as his arms slipped around her waist and he pulled her against his chest as best as possible with her bump between them.

"You're cute shit." She said playfully as he kissed her.

"Now that we've cleared up that we're both cute, do you wanna just spend the night at my house? It would save time tomorrow morning and we wouldn't have to worry about an angry awoken Harper at stupid o'clock in the morning." He asked.

"Um, yeah, I guess that could be fine. Let me just grab something to sleep in and my travel outfit for tomorrow so I don't have to unpack my suitcase just to repack it half asleep in the morning."

"That's smart." He commented. "But you can just sleep in something of mine, just bring, like, a pair of leggings to wear on the plane."

She raised her eyebrows surprised he'd be willing to have her out in public in his clothing.