22

20 weeks

Mack pulled her phone from her pocket and checked her phone for what felt like the millionth time. Still nothing.

She'd messaged Cal the day she had found out her baby was a boy, thinking his curiosity would get the best of him and he'd respond to know if she was having a boy or a girl. She'd had no such luck. Instead, he'd blocked her number.

She refused to accept the fact that he had completely abandoned her when she needed him most. That wasn't him and she wouldn't allow herself to believe that he had lost himself so entirely. Her Cal would never do this to her.

She'd resorted to a new tactic, annoying Ashton. He didn't tell her of course, but she knew he was growing frustrated by her bleeding him for information every day.

The girls had been helpful, Sierra, Crystal, and KayKay including her in their girls days and wine nights.it was hard though, they were all so happy in their relationships. She'd always fit in amongst them, even when she was with Tanner she'd blended seamlessly into the girlfriend pack, so much so that it had been effortless to imagine herself as a part of them.

Her phone rang and she slid it open pressing it to her ear quickly.

"Hello?"

"Hey girl!" Sierra's soft, chipper voice called through the phone.

"I was just thinking about you!" Mackenzie laughed into the receiver.

"Aw! Well I was wondering how you are, I haven't seen you this week."

She sighed. "I'm okay, I guess. I'm just lonely. I miss Cal."

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah! I'm going to see Lu next week."

"Okay." Mackenzie replied, not sure where this was going.

"Crystal can't go because she can't get a dog sitter. Kay and Ash are fighting."

"Wait, what?"

"Oh, shit. Have you not talked to her? Apparently they got in some big fight about the longevity of their relationship right before the boys left."

"Shit."

"Yeah, from what Luke has said, Ash has been a mess."

"Fuck, and here I've been blowing his phone up for information on Cal. No wonder he's been annoyed with me. He probably just wants to be left alone."

"Well, yeah, that leads me back to why I called. I don't like to fly alone and I wanted to know if you'd go with me? I know you've been wanting to see and talk things out with Calum and this would give you the opportunity."

Mack bit her lip as she considered the offer.

"Si, I don't know. If I just show up unannounced and he sends me away or something I'd be devastated. I don't know if I could take that."

"Come on, Kenz. This is Cal we're talking about, he'd never send you away."

"He left for tour without saying goodbye and blocked my number. He's not my Cal anymore." She said solemnly.

"You can't really believe that." She said

"I don't know, Si. Can I think about it?"

"Yeah, sleep on it and let me know tomorrow. I love you, Kenzie. I really hope you and Cal work this out. We all know you guys are meant to be together."

"Thanks, Si. I love you too." She hung up the phone and sighed. She used to think she and Calum were meant to be too. She'd believed it enough to call off her fucking wedding, now what did she have to show for it?