Messiah

Vanitas's p.o.v.

I spin around the pole, doing a new routine that Khalil was teaching me. It was a little easier to dance with him watching and Bernie was even taking time away from the paperwork to watch as well.

"Hey." Khalil calls to me. "Remember that the routines I teach are more of a template. Don't resist doing your own thing if you think it'll fit."

"Yeah." Bernie cosigns. "It's all about creating a fluid and non-stop dance. You can use your own unique moves with the routine."

"Alright." I say while doing a much more complex maneuver than usual, twirling around the pole and switching which arm was holding me up.

Too bad John wasn't hear to see me improve. He was at Man's house, using his computer to job search. Part of me really just wanted John to stay strictly as my emotional support and just let me be the one working but that was economically unrealistic...not to mention that John had way too much pride to let me be the financial superior between the two of us...especially working here.

"I think that's enough for today." Khalil comments, killing the music.

"You're really something on that pole kid." Bernie complements. "You move like something supernatural. You're like our messiah come to save us before the end."

I scratch my head sheepishly. "I don't know about all that."

"Seriously." Bernie assures. "It's a shame the other little demons aren't here to praise you as well."

"Where are they anyway?" I question.

"Getting ready for the pride parade." Khalil informs. "Aiden, Jared and Rico are working on the float and Tony is working on putting together a brand new wardrobe."

"Wait, but won't Tony need my measurements?" I question.

"If Tony has glanced at you, he already has your measurements." Khalil comments.

"That kid is scary." Bernie adds.

Both of them shudder.

"Oookay?" I regard

"Speaking of demons." Khalil begins. "It's about time for you to choose a stage name."

"...Huh?!" I say, feeling put on the spot.

"Something to announce to get the crowd excited." Khalil elaborates.

"I don't really know." I reply. "I haven't put any thought into anything like that."

"Well try to make it something that demon related that fits you." Bernie says. "Your individuality is very important."

"Demonic things aren't really my area of expertise. I don't really know what would be applica..."

My mind flashes back to the day John busted me out of Saint Paul's. " that's...applicable." John's words ring in my ear with the memory of the statuette Wiccan had gotten me.

"What about Rodin?" I question.

"Huh?" Khalil questions.

"He was an angel framed for burning down a part of heaven and was unjustly cast down to live amongst mankind." I say.

"Ooohh." Khalil exclaims. "We've got plenty of horny demon but an innocent fallen angel is marketable. I'm gonna text that to Tony right now."