Benediction

The picture above is Sharon

John's p.o.v.

I couldn't shake the image of Van on his knees in front of me from my brain. I'd gone to every single one of my classes today with that image clouding my mind and even now it was all I could think about. I hadn't expected that to happen but I wasn't fully in control at the time.

It'd just be easy to blame shit like this on demons or occult forces like my parents do but that sounded fucking stupid. The only logical explanation is that it was Van's fault...he was the one that seduced me into it. I grit my teeth. Why was it still on mind though? I should've gotten it out of my system after that. That's how things like this worked...right? I bite my lip.

'Dammit.'

I was starting to get hard...at the thought of Vanitas again.

I walk into the community center pool for the water aerobics class. Surprisingly only two people are here today, Van and the instructor. I sigh a sigh of relief. That made it a little less embarrassing. They were already in the water. Van glances over to see who'd just come inside but recoils his gaze when he notices that it's me.

"You must be the other delinquent whose mom forced him to take my classes." The instructor calls.

"Excuse me?" I say.

"Your friend here felt embarrassed enough to explain himself. If it makes you feel better, this is my second job and I only have it so I can pay off IRS debts."

"Oookay?" I say as I walk along the edge of the pool to the locker rooms.

As I walk in I spot the dented locker that I had punched last night. My knuckles still hurt. I throw my bag to the floor and start to strip down. I grab some swimming trunks from my bag and slip them on. I sigh a little in embarrassment but I swallow my pride and prepare to do old lady exercises.

I walk back to the pool, momentarily drawing the attention of Van and the Instructor. I dip into the pool.

"Nice of you to join." The instructor says.

"Whatever." I say.

"Alright." The instructor says. "From the top. Wave pose."

He and Vanitas stretch their arms into an arch over their heads. I sigh a little and do the same.

"Now take a deep breath." The instructor...instructs.

My deep breath had less to do with the aerobic exercises and more to do with suppressing the sudden desire to bite the business end of a 45'.

"Now. Breakwater pose. Deep breath...Propeller pose. Deep breath."

This was going to be my whole fucking day. I glance at Van who looks just as emotionally lethargic as I do but I inadvertently notice the water trailing down his anatomy as his body flexes with each pose. God he was thin...almost to the point of being feminin. Someone could wrap their arm all the way around his waist. His body was so easily man handled.

[A loving heart is the truest wisdom- Charles Dickens]

Vanitas's p.o.v.

I was not looking forward to spending my weeks doing these aerobic exercises. Thankfully today's class had ended. I climb out of the pool and head for the gym showers.