Satan 4:1

Life is the great indulgence - death, the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life - HERE AND NOW!

John's p.o.v.

I put my car in park on the side of the road before getting out and rounding to open Deja's door.

"Thank you." She smiles, stepping out and onto the scene.

I only knew the theme of the party because Deja had suggested we wear matching masks through text. Roman might've been insane...throwing some homeschool masquerade.

Deja puts on her mask.

Something angelic to match with her feathery white dress.

I, in contrast to Deja, wore something more demonic.

Anything to impress the girl I guess.

We stroll up to Roman's...admittedly pretty big house. It wasn't much bigger than mine but definitely bigger. Perfect for a party.

At the door is one of Roman's underlings with a bowl full of completely random pills.

"Have an entrance fee?" He asks.

Deja rummages through her purse. "Did you bring a pill."

I hadn't been informed about this part.

"Slipped my mind. Sorry."

"It's fine." Deja assures. "I've got us both covered." She tosses two morning after pills inside the bowl. "Might save some poor girl's future."

I look into the bowl and only see mostly allergy medication and aspirin. Was that all I was worried about? If i hadn't brought a date I would've just walked away.

Either way, we're allowed entry and the music hits our ears as soon as the door's open.