9. Beautiful Eyes

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT WATCH THE ATTACHED VIDEO UNLESS YOU HAVE FINISHED THE DEATH CURE!!! SPOILERS INVOLVED!

If you have read the book, make sure to watch the video!! This girl's original song and her voice are amazing!!
----------
This chapter is dedicated to xoAwkwardDiamond, for their Newt fanfic, 'The Fighter'
----------
New cover shanks!! What do ya think?? Let me know your thoughts, whether I should keep it, or go back to the old cover! xo
--------------------

"I have to kill you. They're telling me to kill you" He cocks his head to the side, and raises the knife.

I feel my heartbeat kick up a few notches, and try to think as quickly as humanly possible. Scream Lori! Do something!

I open my mouth, but nothing comes out. It feels like my throat has been stuffed full of cotton. My breathe in and out so quickly, I'm basically hyperventilating.

Just as he is standing in front of me, a switch clicks in my mind, I turn on my heel and run out the door. I run down the hallway, towards the stairs, I look back to see Xander following close behind. I snap my gaze back forward, and begin to go down the stairs, trying to stay up right. I'm almost a quarter of the way down, when someone grabs my wrist. I feel myself stop, and turn towards my wrist.

I look up to see Xander, gripping tight onto my wrist.
"Let go!" I shout, trying to pull myself away. He holds tight as I struggle, hitting him with my free hand. He laughs mockingly as he shakes his head, sliding the knife's blade along my cheek.

"I have to kill you. They're telling me to kill you" he mumbles, repeating it over and over underneath his breath.

I'm freaking out, as I see someone slowly walking up behind Xander. Jeff. And he's holding a plank of wood. Just as Xander begins to raise the blade, I pull away once more, and Jeff swings the plank, until it connects with Xander's head, resulting in him stumbling. Letting go of my wrist in the process, at the moment I had tried to pull away.

I feel the air slip out of my lips, as I begin to fall. I tumble down, limbs flailing and colliding with many steps on the way. After a few hits to the head, arms, legs and all other body parts, I stop falling abruptly.

I take a deep breath, dizzy and disoriented from the fall. I look up, to see Gally holding me. He stopped me from falling any further, I think to myself. I look down, to notice that I barely fell more than half way. He saved me from what could have been some major damage.

"Thanks" I whisper. He nods his head in reply, as he helps me to my feet, and walks me the short distance back up the steps, to the hospital room. He helps me set up in one of the beds, and goes to leave.
"Gally?" I say, getting his attention. He turns and raises his eyebrows expectantly.
"I really meant it when I said thanks"