25. Dramatic Effect

14.2k!?! This is awesome!! Thank you all so much!! I never imagined that my story would ever get so many reads!

I've gone through and edited most of the chapters, so let me know if I've made a mistake!

So I've changed my mind and decided that the official song for this story is smoke and mirrors by Imagine Dragons.

This chapter is dedicated to @tmr_lover_emma for their maze runner fan fiction The maze runner-short stories

--------------------------

Gally looks terrible. His eyes are burning and rabid. His clothes were disgusting, and his hair looked to be matted in many places.

He looked around, as if searching for something in particular. Eventually, he dropped the poor girl, whoever she was, and fell to his knees. The whole room was in complete silence, the darkness there to accompany it. The fact is that the two had came out of no where, and maybe nobody felt that they were really there.

That's how messed up we are, I internally sigh.

All of a sudden, Gally was screaming, spit flying in all directions. Good thing we weren't trying to avoid being found or whatever. "They'll kill you! The Grievers will kill you all - one every night till it's over!"

All the Gladers stood still as statues, their shock at our current predicament, obviously has not completely registered. I look to Newt, to see his mouth slightly agape.
By the time I look back to Gally, he has staggered to his feet, and is slowly walking, limping on his right leg.

Gally walked over and stood a few feet away from Thomas, Newt and I, Newt in the centre of us other two.
His eyes raged as he pontes an accusing finger at Thomas.

"You", his voice somehow managed to be even more sickening then his current appearance. "It's all your fault!" Gally clumped his left hand into a fist, and without a moments notice, swung it into the side of Thomas' head, connecting with his ear.

The room remains silent as I gasp in shock. Thomas is jumping back to his feet as Gally turns to me. "And you," he points, "You're no better than he is. I know you're helping him."

As he raises his hand, I crouch in preparation, while Newt seems to finally have fallen out of his stupor, pushing Gally away from me.

Gally stumbled backwards, crashing into a desk next to the window and tumbling a lamp off of it in the process. He quickly straightened up and took us all in.

He began to speak, much quieter than the last time. "It can't be solved. The shuck Maze'll kill all you shanks . . . The Grievers'll kill you . . . One every night till it's over . . . I . . . It's better this way." He seemed saddened as his eyes dropped towards the floor.
"They'll only kill you one a night . . . Their stupid Variables . . . "

My eyes widen at his latest statement. Variables. Thomas said I was one of those. But what does that even mean? How am I a Variable?

"Gally, shut your bloody hole - there's a Griever right out the window. Just sit on your butt and be quiet - maybe it'll go away" Newt hisses at Gally, before he could make any more strange remarks.

Gally narrowed his eyes toward Newt, "You don't get it, Newt. You're too stupid - you've always been too stupid"

Hold up, did he just call my boyfriend stupid? Wait, boyfriend? We're not even official are we? You know what, this really isn't the time to figure this out.

"There's no way out - there's no way to win! They're gonna kill you, all of you - one by one!" Screaming the last word with frustration.

Geez, I can not catch a break, can I?