30. I'm Not Leaving You

This is the final chapter! We've come a long way. Thank you all so much for hanging around! Love you all so much!

Enjoy! This chapter is longer than the usual, since it's the last!

This final chapter is dedicated to one of my favorite maze runner Fanfictions, Mystery Girl written by secretninjas .
Amazing how you've kept it so interesting throughout the whole story!
--------------------

We run at a comfortable space in the direction of the Griever Hole. Newt, Alby, Minho, Thomas, Teresa, Chuck and I lead the group, since we know where the Griever Hole actually is.

"Lori?" Newt puffs, as he runs alongside me.

"What Newt?" I sigh.

"Please tell me you believe me, I had no idea Clara would do that. She was talking about who we were before the Maze, and then next thing I know, she's bloody kissing me. Lori, you have to believe me when I say that I meant for none of that to happen." He shouts a bit, over the commotion of the crowd.

"Look, there is still about forty-five minutes left of this run, so if you want me to forgive you, you have forty-five minutes to convince me why." I know it's a weird conversation to start on the way to where we're going, but I want the chance to be able to forgive him. I loved him at one point, I want to be able to again.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

After an hour, we are around the corner from the corridor to the Cliff. We all pause, deciding to take a minute to catch our breath and gather our thoughts.

The group of us who were leading, circle and begin to talk. But before we even start, we hear the screeching of Grievers. And the scream of one very confused Clara.
"Do you hear that?" Minho whispers to us all.

"Minho, we're not deaf, of course we heard that!" I redicule. We all freeze as Minho tip toes forward, until he's peeping around the corner. We hear panicky words escape his lips, and that's when I feel my own fear boil in my stomach.

"There's at least a dozen of them. Maybe fifteen. They're just waiting for us!" He gasps.

"Minho, you need to calm down, you're one of the Keepers, so you need to pull your shit together!" I say as quietly as possible so that the other Gladers behind us don't hear the anxiety in our voices.

Newt shrugs, "Well, we knew we'd have to fight." There is no fooling us though, especially me. He's scared. The tremble in his voice gives him away at the blink of an eye.

After a while of trying to replan around all of the Grievers, Thomas points out once more about the whole 'Grievers take one a night' thing.
Alby's eyes widen to some extent, "Maybe I should . . . " But at that point, it's too late. Alby walks towards the Cliff, slowly, kind of looking hypnotised.

Newt's worried voice cries out, "Alby? Get back here!" But Alby doesn't bother to slow, he speeds up, taking off to the Grievers basically guarding the Griever Hole.
"Alby!"

The Leader of the Glade leaps onto one of the Grievers, being sucked into the blubbery back of the creature. About half a dozen more join in on tearing Alby apart, and I kinda feel like I'm going to throw up.

Newt is set into action, pacing forward to go and help Alby. But he isn't given the chance, before Thomas grabs his arm.
"Let go!" Newt shouts, trying to release himself from Tommy's grip.

"Are you nuts?" He yells. "There's nothing you can do!"

Minutes later and sound has escaped from Alby. How is he not screaming?
"I can't believe it" Newt whispers so quietly, I almost don't catch it. "I can't believe he just did that."