22. The Catalyst

This chapter is dedicated to _imagine_fantasy_ for their sequel to 'Let Me Go', 'Remember Me'. Such a great story! You're killing me with all those cliffhangers!!

I hope you're all still enjoying the story, and it means so much to me with each read and vote! I can't believe we're already at 10k views! Thank you all, so, so, so much!!

p.s. this chapter also has some dialogue straight from the book. I like sticking to their lines, but I'm still going to add in what is needed for my version of the story.

------------------------------

I lead the boys through the forest, Newt, Alby, Minho, Clint, Jeff and a few other boys. I am the first see Thomas and Teresa, sitting together, still talking like before. I begin to feel as if I should reconsider giving them away, but it's too late.

The group of boys run ahead, so I run right behind them. The boys and I stand facing Thomas, as Teresa remains seated, before Newt speaks asks her, "How'd you get here? Med-jack said you were there one second and buggin' gone the next."

She must move pretty fast to be able to get past both Med-jacks, and to sneak through the Glade to the Deadheads forest.

The dark haired girl stands up with ease, a smirk on her face as she says "Guess he forgot to tell the little part about me kicking him in the groin and climbing out the window."

I break into laughs as all gazes turn towards Jeff, whose face is glowing a bright shade of scarlet. "Oh my God, Jeff! Is she serious?"
He immediately loses eye contact, focusing on his shoes. I looked back over to Thomas and Teresa, to see Thomas choking down any possible laughter which may escape him at that moment.

"Congrats, Jeff," Newt begins. "You're officially the first guy here to get your butt beat by a girl."

Teresa smirks, before continuing on her confident attack at the Glade boys, "Keep talking like that and you'll be next."

I turn towards Newt, shocked by what Teresa had just said to him. But, Newt, does not seem to be effected by her words in the least. No one speaks, no one knows how to react.

Alby just sighs, before breaking the slightly irritating silence. "I'm sick of this," he steps forward and points directly towards Thomas, who looks to be almost offended. "I wanna know who you are, who this shank girl is, and how you guys know each other."

Thomas recoils, and as he begins to answer, Alby does not accept what he says, cutting him off before he can even release a sentence.

"She came straight to you after waking up, shuck-face!" He shouts in Thomas' face, lighting a flurry of anger within Thomas it seems.

"So what? I know her, she knows me - or at least, we used to. That doesn't mean anything! I can't remember anything. Neither can she."

Alby doesn't even flinch, doesn't even care about what Thomas has said. He just turns to Teresa, immediately placing the blame on her, "What did you do?"

I feel bad for Teresa, but I don't blame Alby for doing so. He's trying to look after, like, fifty other boys, and things have started to turn bad. Now I guess he just doesn't know what to do. Nothing like this has happened before.
"What did you do?" He screams, taking a step towards Teresa. "First the sky, now this. What have you done?"

I know about the sky, but what is the other thing Alby is referring to? I try to analyse the situation, as they continue to talk.
Teresa stutters, "I triggered something, not on purpose," She is quick to add in the last part. "I swear it. The Ending. I don't know what it means."