26. FLOAT and CATCH

Woooo double update! Chapter 26 in your hot little hands! Or in front of you if you're on a computer!!

This is a thank you to all of you for being patient!!
Four chapters to go!

This chapter is dedicated to @Stilestastic for their Maze Runner Fanfic, different -> the maze runner / newt

--------------------
I sit in one of the less destroyed rooms of the Homestead, sitting between two beds. In one bed, lays the new girl of the Glade. She has dark hair, olive skin, a nice complexion, and seems to be moderately tall. The boys are sure to like here. Hopefully not too much.

She still hasn't woken up. The Med-Jacks and I are assuming that she has arrived in the same state of that which Teresa did.

The other bed, contains Alby, still unconscious from his hit to the head. Clint said he'll be awake in a few hours, tops.

As I feel myself beginning to drift off, something breaks through the surface if my thoughts.
Lori? It's Thomas, speaking in my head once again. Great.
Lori, meet us in the Weapons Room. Please get here right now.

I externally sigh and rise from my seat, making my way towards the Weapons Room, apparently.
I tug down my singlet and pay off my shorts as I run off into the Glade.

When I finally find the room, I open the door and jog down the steps, to be greeted by the confused faces of Teresa, Minho and Newt. Obviously Thomas knew why I was here.
"Chuck told me he saw you guys go in here. Decided to investigate." I lie.

They just nod, so I sashay deeper into the room. It contains any weapon imaginable, from a small dagger, to a long bow. From slingshots, to swords. It's quite impressive actually.

I clap my hands together, "So, who wants to catch me up to speed?"

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"Woah" is my first reaction. "So, all this time, the Maze has actually been a code. How does it work Tommy Boy?"

Thomas shakes his head, grinning, "Well, the Runners have always compared these day to day" he points down to the box, filled with the Maps from Section Two.

Newt and Minho had been smart enough to keep them hidden in here after they heard Alby's warning. Now, we can figure this out. Hopefully.

"They would always look to see if there was a pattern that would somehow help figure out a way to an exit. Minho even said, that he didn't really know what he was looking for, but he kept studying them anyway, right?" Thomas turns to Minho, who simply nods in reply, folding his arms across his chest.

Tommy continues on his discovery, "Well, what if all the wall movements had nothing to do with a map or a maze or anything like that? What if instead the pattern spelled words? Some kind of clue that'll help us escape."

"That's, actually, kinda brilliant" I point out.

Instead of congratulating Thomas and Teresa on their find, Minho points to the messy pile of maps in front of Thomas. "Dude, you have any idea how much we've studied these things? Don't you think we would've noticed if it were spelling out freaking words?"

"Maybe, maybe it's too hard to see straight up, comparing a day to the next" I say quietly, hoping that if I'm wrong, I'll be ignored.

"Exactly. Maybe you weren't supposed to compare one day to the next, but look at it one day at a time?"

Newt chuckles, "Tommy, I might not be the sharpest guy in the Glade, but sounds like you're talkin' straight out of your butt to me."

I smack him on the arm, "Newt, give him a chance."
I recurve a smile from Thomas, and a strange look from Newt.