14. LOST YET WON.

( Guddan's p.o.v )

I'm unable to decide if I should be happy or not, once again I've been ditched by my dance partner Rishabh,
I'm waiting here outside in the hallway for past 1 hour for Rishabh to show up but all in vain.
Now even the competition is just about to commense.

From the corner of my eye I noticed a shadow advancing towards me, few moments later, Akshat's face appeared in front of me.

" Guddan What are you doing here, Mr. Verma is calling for us "

" I was waiting for Rishabh, he told me yesterday that he'll be here by time. But...i don't think so now "

_____________________________________

We all students were mingling and chatting happily with each other when suddenly Mr. Verma appeared on stage and tapped his fingers on mic.

" Attention please,
I've an important announcement to make,
Two students, Rishabh & Ahaana of New Visions College, have notified the host panel, due to some unavoidable conditions they will be unable to show their presence in tonight's Competetion eve.
They've apologised for their absence and also requested to make sure, their partners to be paired accordingly.

So the final pair who will perform tonight is Guddan & Akshat,
Best of luck to all the participants. Let's this competetion eve begin with high spirits. "

A chorus of loud clapping & whistling rang throughout the hall but I was too shocked to show any reaction.
Ahaana notified to pair up Akshat with Me.?
No this is unreal, why will she do that.!!

I glanced in Aanya's direction and at the exact moment she winked at.....Rehaan.!
That's what I suspected, they both have something to do with Rishabh-Ahaana's absence.

Once again my mood shifted back to happiness as I realised, Akshat and I are a pair. I smiled involuntarily and peeked at Akshat through my eyelashes.
His face were showing mixed emotions.
Relief....Happiness....& Hesitation.?

_____________________________________

( 1 hour later)

" OMG OMG.!! You both are so damn good, you guys dance like a pro "
Here she goes again.
Aanya is repeating this same thing for 10 minutes.
Apparently 2 rounds have already been passed & Both the colleges have now equal points, leaving 4 couples in the competition, other 10 pairs are eliminated,
Now final round is about to commence,
And two pairs from both college are in for the winning round.

" Time for the final Clash, This is a very close competition, both the colleges have 2-2 pairs left

Himani- Rahul & Nikita - Piyush from St. Phillips college,

Navya - Shaan & Guddan - Akshat from New visions College,

Let's start the most awaited moment of this grand night,
Let's see which college will hold this Shining Trophy this year, "

Once again loud 'ooh's' & 'yayy's' boomed across the auditorium.
But my attention & eyes were focused on a special deep brown orbs.
The instrumental melody blanketed over us depicting the commencement of final round,

Akshat slowly slided his left hand across the small of my back, His Right hand found mine and entwined in mid-air,
I inhaled sharply as he minimised the distance seperating us, our bodies were aligned togethor and we both swayed simultaneously on lyrical beat.

The beats of music increased gradually,

Akshat suddenly took ahold of my Right hand & spinned me halfway opposite to him , my back slammed to his chest while in the heat of the moments His lips glided across my shoulder blades,
My eyes on it's accord droop down as I leaned slightly backwards involuntarily.

The melody changed denoting elimination of one more couple but I couldn't bring myself to break this heated moment and look around.

Akshat again spinned me, now I was facing him.
He snaked his both arm around me while my hands found it's way around his neck.

For few moments, we just gazed at each other, finally Akshat broke the silence completely shocking me.

" Guddan, will you go on a Date with Me "
As soon as these words left Akshat's mouth, my movement froze while his hold tighten around me.
I tried to find any sort of emotion on his face but all I could get was desperation, need and adoration.

"Please Guddan, I really want you to be my Date " His voice broke down with emotions.

My tongue seemed to be struck in throat, I tried but couldn't utter a single word,
So all I gave him as my answer was a nod.
Akshat beamed with happiness and opened his mouth to say something,
But before he could get a chance to start, someone bumped into me from behind resulting in slamming me to Akshat.

His gaze flickered to my mouth, my hands slided beneath his smooth hair while he leaned closer to me.
I completely forgot that we are being witnessed or we have a competetion to win,my eyes shut closed as I saw Akshat's eyes dropped shut too.
We both were lost in our own blissfull sensational paradise,
I felt Akshat's face touching mine while his breathe fanned over my neck. A tingling sensation coursed throughout my body as butterflies erupted down my stomach, before he could lean any furthur, a ear splitting whistle echoed through the hall & I jumped in surprise parting away from Akshat. I blushed crimson as I came back to reality & dopped my gaze to the ground.

" Give a big round of applaude to our winning pair Navya and Shaan, from New visions College, "
A round of clapping and cheers erupted while I leaned against Akshat whose hands found mine as our gazes locked.
A permanent smile etched on both our faces.

_______________________________________

( Aanya's p.o.v )

Shit, they lost. I muttered angrily under my breathe.
Guddan - Akshat should have won.
My eyes slided to Rehaan who was standing beside me, smiling like an idiot.

" How the hell are you finding this amusing, Akshat- Guddan lost the competetion, why are you so happy "

Rehaan turned to me, and grinned from ear to ear,

" My dear Aanya,
Guddan - Akshat may have lost the competetion but they have found each other tonight , they won each other."

I glanced back at my love birds & saw them staring adoringly at each other while holding hands. A smile formed on my face too.

Indeed.! They have won each other.

They've lost yet won. ❤