Chapter 45: Lock

It was probably to be expected that, the moment (Y/n) returned to the males, her treatment was going to change drastically. However, she hadn't fully anticipated touching would be part of that treatment. On the way there alone, Rei had pulled her onto his lap and wrapped his arms around her like a snake. At the same time, Takuya started playing with her hair, giving small gasps and awes at the texture. The others would have done it, too, but they didn't have the chance.

Back in the house, she glared at the cameras surrounding the place. Some of them were obvious but she was sure there were others hiding somewhere. Though, she wasn't given a chance to look for any of them. Yamato held a tight grip on her arm, yanking her upstairs without a single word. The brunette threw her inside of it, narrowing his eyes at her. She just had to put up a fight, didn't she?

"I say we lock it," Rei mumbled, giving a sadistic grin as she began trembling, "It'd be a good lesson."

"You said you wouldn't!" (Y/n) begged, glancing from male to male to see if anyone would cave in and help her, "Please, don't!"

"Should've thought about it before you ran away," Haru mumbled, crossing his arms over his chest in a huff, "You made me feel dumb."

"It's only right to face consequences," Takuya nodded.

"More than that, it's the only way you're going to learn your lesson," Yamato growled, darting his eyes over to the new metal sheet they'd put up over the window, "You could've gotten yourself killed. I'm not letting that happen again."

"But...," the girl trembled, lacking the words to convince them to spare her from that, "But...You don't know what I'm like. If you trap me, I...I don't know if I can..."

Between most of the boys, there wasn't any pity for her. She'd brought it upon herself for being a smartass and running away, so it was only good thinking that she learned they'd follow through on punishments. The more she feared being trapped in the room, the better. That way, she wouldn't try anything like that again. Maybe Akari would have fought for her but he wasn't there. She didn't know what to do.

"I understand the reasoning," Shota mumbled, putting a finger to his chin, "but I'd advocate against this."

"But you were the one who - "

"I can't help it. She's begging. I'm sure there are alternatives to this. You know, ones that wouldn't terrify her half to death. I've never seen someone with such bad claustrophobia. Or is it Cleithrophobia? Either way, can't we put our heads together to come up with something else?"

The others glared at the redhead for the suggestion. They thought it was best to nip any hope she had of escaping in the bud. That way, she wouldn't have tried anything in the future and there was no need to worry about it. But now Shota was dissenting. He was making them look bad. They knew that because the (h/c) haired girl was staring at him alone in hope, practically pleading with him to keep fighting for her.

"Majority rules," Yamato reminded him, "And the majority says she should learn her lesson."

"Well, then, can I ask: does she have to be locked up alone?"

"What does that mean?"

"It means it could be smart to leave someone in here for her. I'm not exactly sure why she's afraid of being locked in a room - whether it's about the room itself or the feeling of being trapped - but, surely, it would help to have a companion. That way, we could keep an eye on her, she would still be locked up, but she would know the door could be opened at any time. What do you think, (Y/n)?"

Obviously, she hated the thought of being trapped in a room but what he said made sense. They didn't deserve to sleep in the same room as her, but it was better than nothing. She didn't think Yamato or Rei were going to budge on locking the door. However, Rei definitely seemed interested in the proposition, giving a knowing grin. No doubt he was about ready to offer himself up as a volunteer.