Apologies: Chapter 14

Start from the beginning

"Uhm well.. okay.."

"Yeah," he continued, "Anyways how are you doing these days?"

"Fairly alright I can say," she mumbled, still eyeing the bracelet which was safely anchored on her wrist, "And I actually just noticed that I have stopped getting nightmares since my transfer. I guess the medicines are working."

Medicines.

She have been consuming the same prescription medicines for the last three years, but why did they reimbursed and took effect only now?

Must have been the process of cognizance and familiarization, quite absurd but yeah it's most probably the case.

Taehyung, of course, was more than happy to hear the news, but there's suddenly an eerie feeling creeping out of his vein upon the revelation, too foreboding to actually keep unnoticed, "Hehe.. Well that's good to hear, I'm glad you're coping up now." he excused, trying not to be awkward about it.

Aside from her glorious and impeccable smile, he couldn't help but to notice how Yerin's eyes were intently focused onto her bracelet, that it seems like it bears the whole indecipherable truth to her, "That bracelet won't turn into life even how hard you try to melt it with you stares. What's with that even?"

"I don't know exactly, this wristlet seemed so familiar yet so mysterious at same time." she brought up her hand which has the bracelet on it, the moonlight shining on its edges perfectly.

"Mon trésor?" asked Taehyung upon seeing the letters engrained on it, "That means 'my treasure' in french, since when did you started learning other language?"

"I'm not, I don't even know that's what these words actually mean nor remember having this thing before, but I kept it because I've grown to like it."

Yerin was not the type to actually like or pay attention to small details, also, she's not someone who's into jewelries and things similar to it, but the time she have laid her eyes onto that enigmatic bracelet, she knew it wasn't just a mere aesthetic body design. The first impression she got was nostalgia consequently followed by sadness that was unexpectedly eating her sanity up.

More now that she have finally discerned what's the meaning behind the words, and to be honest she doesn't know what to feel about it because everything is just confusing as it could be.

One thing is that, in each time she got to look at the same bracelet, wistful desires would overtake her self, as if she's just traveling back to the past.

"It must have been the side effects causing you to easily forget things."

"I guess so.."

"UNNIE!!" A rather high-pitched voice suddenly screeched, bursting in the mood.

Startled, both of them veered their head to the origin of the voice, heart melting at the sight of the enraged person.

"UNNIE I WAS SO WORRIED!!" yelled the same person with tears in her eyes, and in a second, Yerin was already receiving deceitful smacks from her.

"Yah yah- Eunha I'm just alright you don't need to--"

"DID I ASK FOR AN EXCUSE?!" the shorter girl shouted, lancing Yerin's words off to oblivion, "WHY ARE YOU HERE?! LET'S GO TO THE HOSPITAL!"

"Hey Eunha, I get it that you're just worried but please don't hurt her furthermore." Taehyung's words were gentle and assuring, enough to calm down the fretful girl. "You see she's quite alright, and she's just yet to be transferred to the nearest hospital."

Though her anger have already depleted a bit, the worried feeling was still overtaking, "UNNIE DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH HUH?! YOU'RE ALREADY OLD BUT YOU CANNOT TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF?! JUST TELL ME IF YOU WANT TO DIE, I'LL BE THE ONE TO CHOKE YOU TO DEATH!!" Eunha dashed off towards Yerin, ready to strangle her but Taehyung was fast to stop her from her unplanned malefaction.

Even when she's spurting all those words Yerin knew well that she doesn't mean it, in fact she meant to say the opposite. Eunha- she is one of the reasons why Yerin still haven't totally turned her back against the world. Having a hilarious, over-acting, cute, caring and lastly small sister like her was something she's so grateful about.

Her lips curled into a frail smile, a giggle can be heard, witnessing the small commotion in front of her, "It's an accident Eunha-yah."

"I DON'T CARE!" she was already yelling a lot that it caught the attentions of few people near them, some were already questioning how someone as small as her can generate that kind of ear-splitting voice at the first place, "UNNIE, DON'T RIDE THE BUS AGAIN!"

"But how will I go back and forth from home to work?" she knew Eunha was running out of something to say, and at that point she was just already riding the game.

"WALK! USE YOUR FEET!"

"It might be possible..." the older girl appealead, liking the reaction she's getting, "but I might die from exhaustion."

"ARGH!" she paused for a second, thinking of what to reply, "THEN USE THE TRAIN OR SUBWAY WHATEVER!"

"Still prone to accident."

Eunha finally gave up, walking out, stomping her feet hard, the ground almost breaking open due to her force, "THEN QUIT YOUR WORK UNNIE! JUST GO FIND A NEW JOB WHERE YOU CAN WORK EVEN AT HOME!!"

"What if our home got caught on fire? Still not safe right?"

It was so unbelievably stupid, she had to deal with the inevitable blunder of her sister, "ARGH! I'M SO DONE HERE!"

Meters away, Yerin called out faintly, "Hey.." Eunha automatically swirled her body in response, just to be greeted by an open armed Yerin, her heart bursting in with awe, "Care for a hug?"

Definitely a yes.

No matter how hard she conceal her emotions, there's just no way on Earth Eunha could have declined the invitation, not with how her elder sister looked up and smiled at her with her arms parted away like that.

She went back to Yerin a little too fast and enfolded her arms around her with a small grunt drawn across her face, "I haven't forgiven you yet Unnie. Don't feel proud, I still hate you."

Yerin nodded in return, "Ha, of course I love you too 'lil bunny sis."

At that moment, Eunha almost forgot to mention about the odd doctor whom she stumbled upon earlier during her way to the scene. It was petrifying enough remembering all the wounds around decorating her body. What's more was her sad smile, which Eunha couldn't forget.

It was just the same as Yerin's.

_________________________________________

Idk, this chap might be boring but hey i've dropped some clues kekekekeke :-;