Bold Type Chapter 21

"That was an amazing speech," Hinata said aloud

"It really was, Granny always knows what to say." Naruto looks down at the beauty next to him "cheers Hinata."

"cheers" as she looks back up at him and they clink their glasses.

Hinata sips her drink while Naruto throws it back like a shot. "Now Hinata." He calls over for the bartender "let have some real fun" he whispers in the bartender's ear so Hinata could not hear what he ordered.

"what are you doing Naruto?"

"I had the bartender may my secret special shot" he exclaims full of pride.

Just then the bartender comes back with two shot glasses with some kind of clear substance. Naruto quickly takes his making a face and places the second one in front of her. She just stares at it as if she would burn herself for touching it.

"come on Hinata! Just take the shot!" Naruto yells cheerfully.

She tries to push the shot back to the blonde "I can't! Unlike you, I am technically working."

He pushes it back to her "Oh, come on Hinata! When was the last time you let loose, broke the rules a little?"

After a bit of a stare-off, she caved and threw the shot back.

"Wait! That was just water."

Naruto was hanging over the bar in a fit of laughter "Come on Hinata you are at work! You shouldn't be drinking!"

"Naruto!" Hinata playfully hits his arm.

"Sorry! I didn't think that you would actually do that; your face is so cute when you're mad!"

'cute' he did it again playing with his words causing Hinata to react.

"Oh! I love this song!" he then grabs her hand "let's go dance".

Before she could protest, they were already on the dance floor that was crowed with other party-goers. He begins to spin her around to the upbeat music. Hinata could not stop laughing and felt so free, something she always felt when she is with Naruto. He always knows how to bring the best out of others and just knows what to do to make them feel special.

Just then the music changed to a slow song and Hinata noticed all the couples on the floor having such intimate moments. She tried to get off the dance floor, but Naruto pulled her into his arms.

"I mean we are already here, why don't we dance?" a little pink showed on his face but Hinata didn't notice it.

Taking his right hand into hers and then gently placing the other hand on her back. They began to slowly sway with the music. Not taking their eyes off each other forgetting everyone else around them. It was as if there were in their own little world.

"Hinata.... I ..." Naruto tries to spit out his words without sounding like a fool

She looks at him with those big lavender eyes that he can't seem to avoid "yes?"

"Well, I –"

"Do you mind if I cut in?"

They look over to see it was Toneri.

"Well, we are kind of in the middle of someth-"

"It is only till the end of the song" he then grabs Hinata's free hand spinning her out of Naruto's embrace and into his. "I promise to bring her back". As he dances off with Hinata she continues her eye contact with Naruto with an apologetic look as they disappear in the group of dancers.

"what do you think you are doing?" Toneri says in a harsh tone that only Hinata could hear.

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"You are lucky that your father did not come tonight. To see you drinking and dancing like a fool." His grip around her hip began to tighten and she did not like that.

"You were born of high pedigree which means there is a way you must hold yourself in social settings. I don't want to see you with that idiot anymore. Do you understand me?"

"what?" Hinata is in shock to hear those harsh words out of his mouth. "Toneri, this isn't like you."

"You are my woman and soon to be wife. You need to know your place and respect my wishes" he pinches her hip so hard that she squealed in pain, but no one heard. "do you understand?"

She just nods her head in agreement "yes"

Just then the music ends and Toneri has put his fake smile on "good!" he then gives her a quick kiss on the check "I have to go speak with some of the other board members but I will make sure my driver picks you up tonight so that I know you make it home safe."

Hinata doesn't move after he left not knowing how to feel. She doesn't want to ruin things with Toneri as that could destroy everything she has rebuilt with her father.

"Hinata!" She sees Naruto running towards her with concern in his blue eyes. The only person that has ever made her feel special. She was confused.

"Hey, are you okay?"

She breaks out of her own mind "y-yeah, I just realized that I have to go check on catering and make sure everything is going smoothly." She walks past him trying to leave before her emotions got the best of her but he quickly blocks her path.

"Can I go with you?"

"No," she looks up at him trying to put on the best smile she can for him "stay here, I worked hard so that everyone could enjoy themselves and not have to work"

Naruto just nodded his head in agreement "okay but let me know if you need help with anything."

"Will do, thank you Naruto" with a smile on her face.

As soon as she passes him, a tear somehow makes it way out but she knew she had to be strong.

*crash*

The sound of glass shattering grabbed the attention of only a few around the bar. Hinata noticed an intoxicated blonde trying to jump over the bar arguing with the bartender. "Ino?"