Bold Type Chapter 15

"Why are you still laughing about that Hinata?!?!" Naruto whines as the two walk the quiet street of Konoha towards Hinatas place. Ino stayed behind to help Sai with taking down the art show and Naruto would not let Hinata walk home along.

"I still can't believe you thought it was part of the art show" tears running down the bluenettes face as she is laughing so hard.

"How was I supposed to know? I thought it was one of those 'it's not art but is art' kind of thing!" Naruto pouts out of embarrassment. He was just trying to impress Hinata by interpreting a sign with a big arrow that he thought was part of the art show. Only to realize that it was a sign indicating were the restrooms were in the building.

"Awe don't be embarrassed Naruto" As she is still laughing a little. "I honestly don't remember the last time I laughed that hard. So, thank you." She looks up at him smiling that smile of hers. At that moment he just wanted her, all of her. The way her long dark hair blew in the wind and how the moonlight bounced off her beautiful peal like eyes. He knew those thoughts were inappropriate and he was not even sure of her feeling towards him.

Naruto throws his hands behind his head "well I am glad we get to hang out more outside of the office. You are just so easy to talk to."

Hinata turned red from the comment and tried to hide her face.

Naruto noticed and did what he did best, missread the situation.

"Hinata you are so red! Are you okay? Are you cold? Is it a fever?" as he leans over closing the space between them he begins placing one hand on her shoulder and the other on her forehead.

"I am fine! I-I ....."

*Ding* 'Thank goodness' Hinata thought.

Hinata just received a text message causing Naruto to give her a little more space. She looked to see that the message ways from Toneri. 'Hinata, I was able to get you an interview for the Marketing position next week. I have a good feeling about this, give me a call as soon as you are done with the art show. Love you'

"Was that Ino?" says Naruto as they continue the walk to Hinata's place.

Hinata looks up from her phone "Oh, no, I just got word that I have an interview for the marketing position next week"

"That is great Hinata!"

"Thanks..."

"You don't seem that happy about it?" looking at her with a questioning face.

"Oh No! I am! I mean it pays well with good benefits better than my assistant job and my father would approve."

"But is it something you want to do?" Naruto asked with complete seriousness in his voice.

It took Hinata a few moments to respond to his question. "I believe that it is a step up and I could grow to enjoy it." Faking a smile that was more for her than Naruto.

"But it is not your dream?"

Hinata shakes her head no to his question.

"I know I shouldn't complain about my family because I was blessed with so much because of how successful my fathers' company was. Some of my early memories I remember my father being this loving and strong figure. However, things changed very quickly after my Uncle Hizashi gave his own life up to protect my fathers. Then not even a few months later my mother passed after giving birth to my younger sister Hanabi. It did not feel like the loving home it once was and father just immersed himself in the company. How we acted, who we talked to, our grades, future schools, all reflected on the company. We had to be perfect because he expected nothing less from us." She paused "Ending up I became the most imperfect child of his. I had a speech impediment when I was a child causing me to stutter for years, he couldn't take me on any business-related functions. I graduated second from my university, I should have been first." I turned down my father's job offer to work for Emerald. After that, he cut me off financially and disowned me from the family."

Naruto didn't know that Hinata went though any of this. 'She doesn't look like someone who grew up in such a difficult household. She was always so kind to others, how could anyone hate this angel.'

Hinata continues "Still after all that I love him, I would do anything to make him say 'I am proud of you', I mean family will always be family."

"Im sorry Hinata, I had no idea.," Naruto says as he tucks his hands into his front pockets.

Hinata wonders if Naruto has this superpower in getting people to talk to him "wow, I can't believe I did that again! I am so sorry to just dump my problems on you. Enough about me and my dysfunctional family are you close with yours?"

"Ha, not much of a story for me really" Naruto continues "Both my parents died in a car accident when I just a baby. I was in the system till I was 13 when Pervy Sage and Granny were legally able to take me in. Honestly, I consider everyone from college and work as a family." He says with his big grin but Hinata could tell that there was pain behind that smile of his.

Before Hinata could dig deeper into the conversation Naruto states that they had arrived at her apartment.

"Well, I did have fun tonight!" He then reached over and grabbed both of Hinatas hands "I hope you know that you can always come to me if you need anything! I promise and I never go back on my word!" with a big smile on his face.

"Thank you, Naruto".

"bye!" he slowly walks away waving his hands in the air in such a Naruto way.

Hinata could not bear to seeing him leave and yelled his name catching herself off guard at the action.

As soon as he turned around Hinata didn't know what to do or why she even did that. 'quick Hinata, think of something!'

"um..mm Naruto would you like to come in for a cup of tea? Just as a thank you for walking me home!"

Naruto smiled at the unexpected invite "yeah!"