"Let's go, you're not working with these whores" I scoffed

"I'm half naked" she whined and I took my coat off and shoved it against her body "I'm not wearing your coat, I'm not your girlfriend"

"I didn't ask you to be" I snapped and she put it on. I turned to my friends and pointed to her standing with her arms folded, scowling at me "I know her and this is all a huge mix up and she has to go home now, I'll text you" they all nodded and said goodbye and she followed me outside and into the street, where she trailed along behind me and I kept on having to pull her along by the sleeve of my coat. She looked like she was going through a lot of different thoughts and emotions quietly on her own, and I didn't want to make it worse for her so I let her mope about being caught by me. When we got to my apartment, she sulked on the sofa and scrolled through her phone while Pablo got excited about her coming back. "Aren't you speaking to me?"

"Nope" she said without looking at me

"Is it because you're ashamed of yourself?"

"You're not nice to me" she frowned

"Of course I'm not, you know very well what I told you, but you were too immature to follow even the simplest instruction" I said and she looked like I'd just spat on her and pushed her aside "don't look at me like that"

"Stop it" she said

"Stop what?"

"Being mean" she frowned and her eyes still looked completely dead

"Have you been drinking?"

"Nope"

"How much sleep did you get last night?" I asked and checked inside her eyelids for any white patches, and she just let me

"12 hours"

"Then why do you look like you've just snorted ten tonnes of coke?"

"Shut up" she said "am I sleeping here?"

"You are. Go to your room if you're going to be rude to me" I said and she accepted my authority and went upstairs to her old room and I heard the door shut quietly. I couldn't believe how I'd found her or how she was acting. Maybe she just needed the night to settle down and I could get her on her feet again.

On my way to bed, she came out of her room in just her underwear she'd worn earlier, and she looked even more tired and like she'd been crying. She'd taken her makeup off, and I could see how innocent she still was behind that shield she'd put up, and it made me feel for her. "Goodnight" I said and she followed me into my room without saying a word, and Bella was sleeping in there so I pulled her into the closet and closed the door "can I help you?"

"Can I have some clothes please?"

"What do you want?"

"Sweats and a sweater" she mumbled and I went through my closet and found her some of her old clothes and gave her a pile of them to take to her room, and she went away again.

"Hey baby" Bella said when I was getting ready for bed

"Hey baby" I sighed and kissed her cheek gently