Seun who was already sitting where I was sitting before I stood asked, "why did Japheth call you?"

"I dunno," I shrug. "All he said was that senior Abdul wants to see me?"

"Abdul?" They all say simultaneously drawing attention to us.

"They don join asewo geng!" Oghenechukwu joked and everyone burst out laughing.

"They have forgotten they are part of the olodo geng. " I retorted and left the class to see senior Abdul in his class.

When I first got to the SS3 block, the SS3 students stared at me and some of the guys even called me, 'Nigerian Cardi-B', others called me 'watermelon'. These are the reasons I hate my seniors. The females, glared and eyed me.

I finally got to Abdul's class and the stares continued. Abdul had his legs crossed on a table and his shirt buttons were unbuttoned showing the white singlet he wore beneath. Few students were around him and they were all guffawing at something Abdul said.

"Senior Japheth said you want to see me." I announced when I was before him.

"Yeah. Babe, sit down." Abdul told me. A chair was placed for me in front of senior Abdul by senior J and I sat. "So babe, how far?

"I'm fine but I have a class soon."

"Oh, no problem. I won't take much of your time." He told me and I nodded.

"You guys should leave. Excuse us." Japheth promulgates and everyone arose from their seats groaning and went some place else leaving, Senior J, Abdul and I alone but the other classmates were staring at us hoping to hear what we wanted to talk about.

He removes his legs from the table and puts his elbows on his legs which were wide open. He takes a deep breath before glancing at Japheth who is seated next to me.

Japheth says the word, "mafo."

This gives Abdul morale and confidence, he sits back in his chair and clears his throat. "Tobi, you're a very beautiful girl and I like you, I like you so very much."

This must be a joke right now. I'm doing everything within my power to resist the urge to roll my eyes right now.

"Baby girl, I really like you and I want to be eating your work and I also want you to eat my work in return. All I just want is for you to be my girlfriend." Abdul says with his signature smirk, a smirk I've seen on his face anytime I see him around school.

Japheth who is sitting beside Abdul, smiles and pats his back. "What my guy is trying to say is; O fe ma je  se  e, he wants to be the only one eating your work. Ever since Abdul has developed feelings for you, all he talks about is you. He thinks only about you. He doesn't even concentrate in class any longer, all he does is day dream about you. Abdul really likes you."

"So what should I do about all these you both just spew out now?" I asked. These two irritate me.

Abdul's mouth flew open at what I just said, just as Japheth widened his bulging orbs. They turned to looking at one another before Abdul spoke up.

"I said I want us to be dating?"

"Well, I don't need to think about this. My answer is no." I say and cross my legs. "I can't date you."

"Ahan? Why na?" Abdul asks? "See, I'll take care of you. I'll buy you anything you want, just name it! If you want the moon and stars, even if it's the sky itself, I'll get it specially for you. Just name it, I'll get it. All I want is for you to be my girl. I'll do anything for you, Tobi."

"Senior Abdul-"

"Fashi senior jare! Call me Abdul." He interrupts.

"Alright. Abdul, I'm just not interested and I'm not after material things. I don't date guys for their money or how wealthy they are."

"J! J! Japheth!" Senior Osas who was standing akimbo with a frown plastered on her oblong face shouted from the window.

"I dey come!" He shouted back to his girlfriend. "Guy, I'll be back in a jiffy." He says and goes to meet his girlfriend.

Abdul bit his lip. "Can you at least think about it.  If you think about it, you could be rational in your decision."

"I've made my decision and there's nothing capable of altering it. However, I'll give it a good thought, though I can't guarantee I'll change my mind."

He sighed and put one of his hands on his head. "No problem. Just think about it."

I nod and stood from the chair. "Am free to leave or can't I?"

He nods and I make my way out of the class. As I made my way out, I could feel the burning stares from everyone, most especially Abdul and I sensed it wasn't on just some casual part of my body. It was on my butt.

I walked held high regardless of their stares. When I had gotten out of the class, I could hear senior Osas yelling at senior Japheth about bring me to his class. Jealous much, eh?

Glossary
MafoA Nigerian slang propounded by Nigerian musician Naira Marley meaning; don't be scared.

O fe ma je  se eYoruba way and slang of saying, I want to date you. In a lay man's interpretation it means, he wants to eat your work.

Fashi  – A slang meaning forget about it.

GengGang.