Just When You Think All Hope Is Gone

**Chris**

I have been searching for Amanda for about a week now. I haven't slept at all, I can't sleep. All I think about is her, is she safe? Is she still alive? I look at my phone, for some reason I feel like she will text me. I can't stop looking for her she has to be alive, I know she's alive. I snap out of my thoughts when hear a knock on my door, I wipe the tears from my eyes and get off my bed and open my door. Sarah is standing there. 

"Hey" she has a smile on her face but I can tell it's fake, I know that she's as upset as I am. "Devin and Ryan are here"

"Okay, tell them I'll be down in a second" I smile back weakly. 

I change out of my pajamas and into black jeans and a Misfits shirt. I walk into the living room where Ryan and Devin are. 

"Hey Chris" Devin and Ryan both say.

"Do you want to go out to get something to eat? You haven't really left the house other than to look for Amanda." Devin says.

"I don't know, not really." 

"Come on Chris, please." Ryan begs.

I sigh "fine, where are we going?"

"Your favorite" Devin smiles.

"Chicken wings?" I ask in suspicion.

"Of course" 

"Okay, give me a second to get ready" I say and walk to my room. 

I start by drawing on my eyebrows and then doing my eye makeup. I grab one of my hoodies and put it on then walk back out into the living room. We all leave and go to a restaurant that has chicken wings and we order a shit ton of chicken wings.  

After we finish there we go back to their house and hang out. The rest of the guys show up and Ryan puts on the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas and we watch that. 

"I'm starving" Balz says as the movie finishes. 

I open my mouth to say something but get interrupted by my phone ringing. I look to see who it is but I don't recognize the number. "I'll be right back" I say as I get up and walk outside to answer the phone. 

"Hello?"

There is just silence on the other end.

"Who is this?" 

Whoever it is hangs up.  

"Probably some fucking kids..." I say to myself and go back inside. 

"Who was it?" Ricky asks.

"Just some ignorant kid" I say and sigh.

Me and the guys hang out for a few more hours, Balz ordered pizza so we ate that, since I ate earlier I didn't eat much. 

"It's getting late, I think I'm going to go home" I say yawning. 

"Okay, bye Chris"  They all say. 

While I'm driving home I see a car pass me and there's a girl in the back seat and she looks familiar. I almost swerve off the road as one of the street lights shine in the car and I see when I see it's Amanda. I follow the car to where ever it is heading, the person must have notice I've been following him because they speed up and turn into a busy part of town. I try to follow them but I end up loosing them and I slam my fist on the steering wheel and cuss under my breath.

I drive through town a little more trying to see if I could come across the car again but its no use. It starts to get dark so I begin to head home. When I get home I Immediately tell Rose and Sarah. 

"Are you sure it was Amanda?" Sarah asks. 

"I'm positive it was her."

"We have to call the police, do you know any details about the car?" Rose asks.

"Luckily, I  saw remembered the license plate number" I say as Rose calls the police.

"What is it?" she asks and I tell her and she repeats it to the police. She talks with them for a little while longer and when she hangs up she looks at me and Sarah. "They said they will start searching for it tomorrow since it's dark they would have a hard time searching for the car."

"Okay" for once I feel hope, I will finally see Amanda again. 

-Next day-

All the guys, even Rose's friend Jordan shows up, at our house. We can't stand waiting at the house so me and the guys go out and look for her at the part of town where I lost the person. A few hours go by and still no luck. 

"I'm going to beat the shit out of whoever stole Amanda" I hear Ricky say in a angry tone.

"I'll help you" I say. Just thinking about anyone hurting Amanda pisses me off. Who would want to even lay a hand on a beautiful girl like her? 

"Chris, are you okay?" Devin says "you look pissed"

"I'm just thinking"

"Okay" he goes back to looking out the of the window.

"I'm hungry, we should stop and get something to eat" Balz says.

"You're always hungry" Ryan says.

"I'm hungry too, lets get Chinese or something"  Brandon says.

"Chinese is good, where is the closest Chinese place?" Ricky asks since he's the one driving.

"Turn right at this next stop light and it's the first place on the left" Devin says while looking at his phone.  

We pull into the parking lot and walk into the restaurant. We all order our food and sit down and eat. After we are all finish eating we get back into Ricky's car. I fell my phone vibrating in my pocket and I answer my phone. 

"Hello, is this Christopher Cerulli?"

"This is, who is this?"

"This is the Scranton Police Department, we found Amanda but she was in bad condition when we found her, she's in the hospital right now,  we caught the man who took her and  we put him in jail so don't worry about him."

"What hospital?"

The person on the phone tells me the hospital she is at and I thank them and hang up. I then notice everyone is looking at me. 

"They found Amanda" I say grinning. 

I see everyone smile.

"Is she okay?" Ricky asks.

"They said she's in bad shape."

"Where is she?" Brandon asks.

"She's at the hospital"

"Lets go! We have to see her!" Balz says. 

"We should go back to the house and tell Rose and Sarah first" 

We drive back to the house and tell the girls about Amanda and they drive with us to the hospital. We all walk down the hospital hallway to the room she's in, I get nervous not seeing her in a while. We stop outside of the door. 

"Who is going to go in to see her first?" I ask and everyone looks at Rose

"I think you should go, You're her boyfriend" Rose says smiling at me. 

"Okay" I get butterflies in my stomach as I grip the door handle and slowly open the door.