07 - Fine

Unedited:)

Unedited:)

Genevieve woke up the next morning in her own bed, wrapped up in her silky sheets with her dog by her side. Her door being open allowed her to see the muscular blonde asleep on her couch as the sun light bled through the curtains of their living room.

With a shaky sigh she set her mind to remember the events of last night. A part of her didn't care that Axel didn't come home, she was almost thankful he hadn't... but the part of her which was his sister worried about him. She knew he had been drunk but it wasn't an excuse for the things he had said to her.
She remembered crying into Finneas's shoulder in the rain and then him piggy backing her home, up the stairs and making sure she made it to bed comfortably. She remembered how sweet he had been to her.

Sighing she rolled out of bed and headed to the kitchen to make a coffee. She stood in her pyjamas and waited for the pot to brew as her eyes fixated on the envelopes all displaying the logo of The University of Seattle, which sat in the pile of mail on the counter. She hadn't even told her brother she had applied yet. She wanted to surprise him with the fact she got it... even though she would probably be the oldest freshman there.

She wanted to get her life back on track, but now it was starting to feel as though it was crumbling down around her one again.
She was pulled from her thoughts as Finneas stumbled into the kitchen, hair disheveled and clothes creased from a night on the sofa. He gave Genevieve a wide smile as she passed him a cup of hot coffee and the two sat together quietly.
"How are you feeling? After everything last night? I promise club parties aren't always like that" she sighed at his question.
"I enjoyed the party, I had fun with the girls and with James... it's just when Axel gets drunk he becomes more and more like my father." Finn nodded and took another sip of his coffee.

"I'm sure everything will be fine though. This is just what me and my brother do since we left France. I know he blames me for everything and it all comes out when he's drunk"

"Blames you?"

"For everything that happened and why we had to leave Paris. It's a long story" Genevieve was cut off my a knock on the front door.
"Hey I should probably get going anyways, my shift in the club starts in an hour." With a kiss to her cheek he started to get ready to leave.

Genevieve secured the ties of her silk robe and headed for the door. She was expecting it to be her older brother, returning home with his tail between his legs. So when she opened the front door ready to give him hell, she didn't expect the long haired brute who's captured her eye to be stood in front of her.
"James?" She questioned, confused by his presence and suddenly aware of the fact she stood in front of him in just her pyjamas. Subconscious she secured her robe tighter, only bringing Thor's attention to her waist as his eyes travels the course of her silk covered body.
"Hey." The sight of her made him forget why he had even come in the first place, he was completely thrown off guard.
"I wanted to come check if you were okay after last night, and if you got back safe. Finn didn't answer his damn phone."

"Oh shit sorry man it must have died" James was once again taken a back, but this time because of the voice of young Finneas from behind her front door. The blonde soon appeared with a grin on his face, wrapping a hand around Genevieve's waist and placing a kiss on her cheek, which she returned to his opposite side.
"Anyways I gotta get back to the club, I've got the early shift" he slipped out of sight, but the pair were still silent. James's mind wandered to what they both could of been up to last night, but shut it down instantly. It wasn't any of his business.
"So erm- yeah I just wanted to check on-"
"Would you like some breakfast?" She blurted out, completely ignoring him. He watched her blush from her outburst and laughed slightly.
"Sure... that would be great"

He followed her into the small apartment, being greeted by Loki and the cosy decor as they walked into the kitchen.
"You sit, it shouldn't be too long" she directed him towards the kitchen island.
"Do you want any help?"
"No no don't worry, it should not take too long"
He watched her work quickly as she made french pancakes and bacon, smothered in syrup. Soon enough he had a full plate of thing crispy pancakes stacked in front of him and a large mug of pressed coffee. It didn't take him long to wolf the plates contents down, with a huge smile on his face. She laughed at his childish antics as they ate together in a comfortable silence. Loki's begging broke their peace as he placed his chin on Gen's exposed thigh, whining for a piece of bacon.

Genevieve was thankful for the conversation they could share. It seemed that no matter what the topic they could talk and laugh together. She felt at peace in his presence.

They spent the afternoon talking, watching murder mystery documentaries and snacking. James day with his arm around her, his eyes not leaving her. He loved to just look at her, to watch her facial expressions. But he couldn't help but see the sadness behind her eyes. He knew her brother had hurt her last night, not that she would admit it.

"How are you feeling after last night?" He asked, turning to her, hand stroking her hip slowly. She met his gaze with a sad expression.
"I'm fine" was all she said to him before turning back to the television. James may not have had many girlfriends in the past, but he knew the one cardinal rule ; fine is never fine.

"You don't need to lie when you're with me Gen" he said turning her face towards his. Subconsciously she leaned into his touch.
"You never need to cover up with me." He whispered as she leaned in closer to him.

She placed her hand onto his which rested on her cheek. He gazed into her hazel eyes, captivated by their rich colour. He could almost get lost in these eyes.
"You're so beautiful Genevieve. I don't get to tell you that enough"

They didn't care about their pasts, their present or their future. All that mattered in that moment was the two of them together. Tears began to slowly stream down her face from James's words, making him instantly regret saying anything.
"Gen please don't cry, I didn't mean to make you cry" he begged pulling her into his arms.
"Tell me what's on your mind"

"It's just... it's ... putain. It just keeps getting harder and harder to just live. I have to carry round do much grief and- and I just don't know. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth being here anymore. If it's worth waking up every morning."
She couldn't help the tears as she thread her hands through his long hair
"And then I see you. And you manage to take all my pain away. You make me forget that everything is my fault, you make me forget how much I ruined everything."

"Genevieve" he said in awe of her, how could someone so pure be saying something so dark.
"You make me feel like a good person James"
She took the plunge, and smashed her lips against his.

They spent the afternoon tangled in each other, and she forgot all the bad in the world.

I really can't wait for the next chapters of their story.
I hope you all stick around xo