20 - True Colours

Thank you guys for reading 💞

I know you're gonna hate me after this one 😅 let me know in the comments what you think 😉

Unedited x

He didn't think about the fact my brother sits with him in church, rides with them on business and drinks with them in the club.
He didn't think about how much I love everyone with an affiliation to the Iron Horsemen, the fact I go to lunch with Emily and Marlene, the fact I started having band practice with Grimm and some of the boys to surprise everyone at the next party.

That was two months ago. James told me that he wanted to keep me safe. That he was worried that he wasn't good enough for me. That I deserved better than him.

James Thornnson has broken me.

I was ready to tell him that I loved him and he tore it all away. We didn't discuss it, we didn't stick round to chat.

He said he was sorry.

And I left him there.

James couldn't function

James couldn't function. He was back to his old routine of night sweats, phantom pains and sitting in his apartment alone.
He was taking pills again, couldn't get through the day without the high they provided, drinking any booze he could find and becoming a dark shadow. Slipping away.

He regretted everything. What made him act so indecisively? What made him say those things to her? Why did he draw the curtains and shut out the only light in his life.
Everything reminded him of being with her. If he wasn't high or drunk he was plagued by the thought of her.
Plagued by the image of his mother.
Plagued by the guilt of losing them.

It's funny what fear can do to you, how it can bring even the strongest of men down.
He thought it would be the best for them both, but he was dying on the inside.

Over the past month Genevieve's sole focus had been on school and the upcoming end of semester recital. She had projects upon projects to finish and to make matters worse her professor had asked her to do another performance in the show. He was impressed with her work thus far and insisted she write a new song and play it for everyone.

Nervous didn't even cover it.

She's worked hard, stayed up late most nights, booked extra practice rooms on campus and poured her heart and soul into her new compositions. She used the pain she felt as her muse. The memories she made with James... her first pinch of happiness in years. She was thankful for that but god did it hurt.

She sat unmoving at her piano, ignoring the texts from the family, ignoring Loki who sat patiently beside her and Axel who lingered in the corridor listening in.

I wonder if you're thinkin' "Is she alright all alone?"
I wonder if you tried to call, but couldn't find your phone
Have I ever crossed your thoughts because your name's all over mine
A moment in time, don't watch me cry