Teething

Derek x vampire reader!!
~~~~~~
"Derek" I groaned as I rubbed my mouth for the fifth time this morning "my gums still hurt!"
"Here. Try this. It's just frozen so it may help numb your mouth."
Derek handed me a raw slab of meat and I put it in my mouth. At this point I was willing to try anything.
Vampire teething is like normal teething but five times more painful because the teeth are sharper than human teeth.
I sat on the floor against a pillar in his apartment and gnawed on it.
It was almost like a popsicle. Frozen, edible, and when it melts, you get the good bits of blood that would be flavoring in a popsicle.
I gnawed on it till the door opened. Striding in came Lydia, Scott, stiles, and Isaac.

Third POV
"It smells like death in here." Issac groaned as his nose crinkled.
"It's probably just the meat that's been sitting out." Derek shrugged as he sat on the couch with a book.
"What do you mean 'the meat that's been sitting out'." Scott asked.
Derek gave a look over to where the little vampire was chewing on the bloody chew.
"Yikes." Lydia mumbled.
"She's teething. It supposedly really hurts. She's been complaining all day but since I got her the slab she's been quiet and fine."
"That's so gross." Stiles groaned.
"It's not gross! She's in pain." Derek barked.
"But why couldn't you have just given her a baby teether? Wouldn't that work just as well? At least it wouldn't give off the smell of rotting corpses."
"How about I take away the slab and tell her to teeth on your arm?"
"N-never mind. I think it's wonderful what you did. She looks like she's completely fine!" Stiles shut up real quick and left the conversation there.
"I just don't know how I'm gonna take it away from her. It's getting really runny and I don't want my apartment to stink like this for much longer." Derek sighed.
"Do you have another one?" Scott asked, hopeful that he would say yes.
"Nope."
"So we are basically gonna get ripped to shreds trying to take it from her?" Issac sassed.
"Probably." Derek shrugged
"And gnawed on in substitution for her frozen treat?" Scott asked nervously
"Most likely." Derek answered.
"Great, we're gonna die." Lydia nodded as she crossed her arms.

First POV
I could tell the slab was getting warm when it became really chewy, but I was still gonna eat it.
Derek walked over and kneeled in front of me.
"Hey little bat, we are gonna have to take this."
He tried to grab the meat but I refused to let it go.
"Come on, please. It's getting soggy and it smells terrible."
"Do you have another one?" I pleaded with my best pup eyes.
"I... I don't."
"Then I'm keeping this one."
"No, we are taking it."
Without another thought, I panicked and bit down on his hand.
"Ow! That hurt! What the hell was that for?"
"I'm sorry! I panicked. You grabbed it and I don't want to give it up. I didn't mean to!"
Dereks wound healed over and I gave him the slab but still felt terrible about biting him and about my fangs.
I rubbed my left fang as I tried to massage it.
Stiles looked at me from a kneeled position and looked at my new teeth.
"Damn, those things are huge."
"They're supposed to be. The longer they are the older you are."
"And how old... would you say you are... exactly?"
"If I remember correctly... 372."
Stiles eyes widened faster than he could back away.
"You don't look a day over 17."
"Well thank you stiles but that's normal! About every  twenty years a vampire ages one human year... or... werewolf year for you guys as well."
"So you'll be around for a lot longer than we will." Scott chimed.
"Yes, I will live for about 1,840 years."
"Wow, you've probably seen a lot so far. How were the world wars? And you saw America being built didn't you? Where were you from originally?" Stiles bombarded me with questions.
"I can just tell you my story if you like."
"I'd love!" Stiles clapped like a girl.
I groaned over my gums and rubbed them.
"Here this might help for a little bit." Derek handed me an ice pack and I took it.
He pulled me to his side and wrapped a blanket around me.
I sighed as I settled in and started to tell my story.

By 3 am I was extremely tired.
I yawned as I finished up my story. Everyone was curled up somewhere. Stiles laid down and said a soft goodnight to me.
I stretched and looked up at Derek who was fast asleep but still holding onto me.
I nuzzled into him and closed my eyes.
In mear seconds I was off to a tiny bat dream land.