Your life is my life

Requested by anonymous
I wanna see water works! And I don't mean swimming, I mean tears!!
This boi is full of angst *smacks the metaphorical physical copy of this one shot like a midwestern dad when he straps anything to the top of a car* (damn that was specific)
~~~~~~~
"Are you sure I'm doing this right?" I asked him as I ran my fingers through his hair.
"Yes. I promise. Why are you so timid?"
"I just don't want to do it wrong."
"You try too hard. Just relax. You're not going to run me out."
"I feel like I am." I sighed and let my head rest on the pillow instead of craning my neck to look at him.
Derek shuffled up and looked over me. He hovered over my face and his necklace dangled down to my chest.
"Babe, look at me. Or relationship isn't frail. I'm not going to stop loving you. And I may be rooting my own horn but I don't think you're going to stop loving me." He smirked off to the side and I snorted at his arrogance. I smacked his chest and wrapped my arms around his neck. He gave up on hovering and crushed my body with his.
He was warm like he usually was. His short beard scratched my neck and I felt his shallow breaths dampening my neck. I played with the nape of his neck and stroked his freshly cut hair. It was shorter than it usually was. He rarely got his hair cut, only when Cora was in town would he get it cut. She became sort of a Jack of all trades in her off days. She learned many basic keeping skills to be less dependent on society, hair cutting being one of them.
He also still smelled fresh like salon products. All of this tied together in a perfect little ribbon created my happy place. Derek was my happy place. He was my world. And nothing could change that.
Or at least I thought nothing would.
Life is funny. We make promises and keep secrets. We lie for the betterment of others or for the sake of ourselves. We have deep conversations and commit to things we have no control over.
Because one day you're swearing to yourself and others that you'd never leave. And a week goes by and their love walks out the door before their feet even cross the threshold.
Secrets break promises even when promises hold secrets together. It's a vicious cycle that never ends. It's a poker game run by the devil himself. And everyone knows not to deal with the devil.

The bell blasted into my left ear and I groaned, wanting to shove my head through my thick history textbook.
"I hate that bell." I seethed as I walked up to lydia.
"Aww! What did the poor bell ever do to you?"
"It practically assaults my ears every single day." I almost slam my head onto the closed locker next to Lydia's and groan.
"Wow. Someone's not in a good mood."
"I'm tired, I'm cold, I barely had anything to eat this morning before I left, and thanks to my ever so unconscious boyfriend, I was late to school because he wouldn't wake up."
"Well think about it this way, you only have three days of highschool left."
"Three days too many. I'm so sick of highschool."
"You should be."
"And what about you? Why aren't you melting in anger by now?"
"Because unlike you, I keep my options open." She scanned the hallway looking at all the guys "promotes more fun in this place." She shrugged her shoulders in delight and closed her locker.
I just let out a low 'ew' and tried to move the conversation along.
She scoffed, rolled her eyes and grabbed my sleeve to drag me to class.
"No Lydia. Not Chemistry, please not Chemistry."
"Y/n, we are literally doing nothing in chemistry. Our final was last week."
"I know. And I'm so bored."
"Then you can help us figure out how to finally kill Kate. Maybe she'll actually stay dead this time."
I let out a big groan and threw my head back.

"I mean she's just creepy. Like how do you get your throat clawed out and still live. She's creepy. It freaks me out. And the weird smirk thing she does? I literally feel my body give out in fear." Stiles was endlessly rambling about Kate as we set down our stuff and took a seat.
"I know. I just can't believe he dated her." Scott almost shuddered at the thought.
"Who dated Kate?! Kate actually had someone interested in her? Who's the idiot?" I laughed in disbelief.
The group looked at me, then each other, then back at me.
"What? Am I missing something?" I felt a little worry set in.
"Derek used to date Kate." Scott said slowly
"I'm sorry... say that again." My ears couldn't believe what they heard.
"Derek dated Kate when he was younger."
"You're kidding. We are talking about the same Derek right? Tall? Brooding? Incredibly angry? Especially about Kate!"
"Yes the same Derek! Derek Hale!" Stiles shouted starting to grow irritated
I scoffed and leaned back in my chair. I crossed my arms over my chest and shook my head.
"How could he not tell me?" I mumbled to myself as I tried to scrap for reasons silently.