Cuddles by the fire

I sat around the fire in our house with a blanket and a cup of my favorite warm drink.
I watched as the embers cracked and fizzled.
I started to slowly daydream about a lot of situations between me and my lovely boyfriend of one year now.
I watched as the flames engulfed the wood until I was snapped out of my trance by the smooth but rough sound of my lovers voice.
"Hey princess. Mind if I sit with you?"
I shook my head no and I scooted over just a little bit.
He sat down and took the drink from my hands. He placed it on the side table and cuddled closer to me. He rested his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes.
I looked over and down at his soft face which was red from the fire light.
"Do you want me to hold you?" I cooed.
He looked up at me with his eyebrows raised and the wrinkles in his forehead more prominent.
His green eyes sparkled from the fire and my heart about screamed.
He hummed in agreement and he scooted closer as I wrapped my arms around his head.
He laid his head on my chest and closed his eyes again.
"Do you want me to mess with your hair?" I smile.
"Yes." He replied quickly.
I ran my fingers through his dark hair and my heart grew more and more in love by the second.
Derek was never one to want to be held or want to be messed with. He usually wanted to be the one doing these activities but not tonight.
I kissed the top of his head and he looked up at me in the same way.
He looked back down and grabbed one of my hands and connected it with his.
He sighed and let out a little noise of content and pleasure as I continued to play with his locks.
"Enjoying this, handsome?"
He nodded and pressed his head into my chest more.
It was quiet until he chuckled.
"I can hear your heartbeat."
"And what's the diagnosis, doctor?" I ask chuckling a little bit.
"Well, from your heart rate, I can tell you that you are... one hundred percent beautiful."
He looked up at me with a smirk.
"Oh wow... that one was bad." I laughed.
"Really?"
"Yeah."
We both threw out into a fit of giggles for a minute until he buried his face into my neck.
"Hey. I love you." I reminded.
"I know you do. And I love you too."
I rested my head on top of his and yawned.
"Tired, princess?"
"A little." I covered.
"Okay. Well then how about we go to sleep."
"Okay. But can you carry me?"
"Are you sure?"
"You're a werewolf, you've knocked people dead before. I think you'll be able to lift me."
He shrugged his shoulders and picked me up.
"Come on. To the king sized bed we go. Snuggles await."
I kissed him quickly and then we road off into the bedroom light.