A fairy small chance

"She's definitely something." Liam whispered to the pack who was laying over the sleeping girl.
"Could she be like a fairy? She's got wings." Stiles questioned
"But she has feathers. Aren't fairy wings clear?"
"Maybe she's just some different type of fairy."
"I can hear you guys. You're not letting me sleep very easy." The girl stretched her wings, making them shake and shiver as she turned over onto her stomach. She folded her arms under her head and closed her purple eyes once more.
"What are you?" Liam leaned over and asked y/n.
"I told you Liam. I don't know. I just look like this."
"I'm so confident she's a fairy." Stiles shook his head
"We could go to deaton?" Scott asked
"No scott, we aren't going to deaton again! We need to figure this one out ourselves. Derek get the bestiary." Stiles commanded. Derek pulled out the bestiary and put it on the table.
"Look for fairies first." Stiles suggested.
Scott flipped through pages and pages of the fairies but couldn't find anything that matched her.
"Can you shoot fire?"
"No." Y/n fluttered her wings in annoyance
"Can you make plants grow?"
"No."
"Can you control water?"
"No."
"Can you-"
"I can't do anything Scott! I'm not a fairy!"
"Okay. Well that idea has been crushed."
Scott closed the bestiary and stood up.
"It's fine. We don't have to know what she is. We didn't know what I was for a long time." Lydia reminded.
"Right. She can just be her." Liam agreed nodding quickly
"I have to go to work." Scott groaned looking at his watch.
"Okay by Scott."

Scott made it to the clinic quickly.
"Scott! I need you to take the patient up front!" Deaton called as Scott finished wiping down the table.
"Got it!" Scott jogged up to the front counter and greeted the person with their pet.
"Hi what can I help you with today?"
"Doug is here for his surgery." A lady smiled and held up her dogs leash. Scott leaned over the counter and saw a golden retriever laying on the floor.
"Alright! Doug can come back with us!"
Scott opened the counter door and let the pair back.
" I just need to see your ID to make sure Doug is coming in with a owner."
"Of course."
The lady pulled the bag off her shoulder with her other arm and her shoulder blade was covered in orange.
Scott's mind flashed to y/ns wings.
"Can I see your tattoo?"
She turned around and showed him a pair of orange and red wings which were tattooed on her shoulder blades.
"That's so pretty. What is it?" Scott wasn't asking because he was interested, he asked because he knew that if she told him, they'd find out what y/n was.
"They are Phoenix wings. My mom was obsessed with them. She told me that everyone has a soul like a Phoenix, able to be reborn, never dying, only changing."
"That's so beautiful. I can take Doug from you."
She handed the leash to Scott and said she'd be back when he was ready.

Scott's phone rang later that night while he was closing up shop. He answered to a very distressed stiles.
"It's y/n! She's dying! She's losing consciousness! She's bleeding out! Help me scott!"
"I'll be right there!" Scott dropped the broom and ran to their location.
Y/n was on the floor, blood spilling from her side.
She breathed in rapidly, her throat catching on the air.
"Scott she's dying! I can't save her!"
"It's okay." She nodded "I'm okay. I'm not gonna leave."
Derek soon tailed behind Scott, rushing to y/ns side.
"Y/n! Come on! Don't leave us now." Derek scooped her into his lap and held her head up.
"I'm okay. I'm not going anywhere I promise." She reached up to cup Dereks cheek and smiled "I'm serious. I'm not going anywhere."
"You're dying y/n!" Dereks face was more littered with worry than anyone had ever seen.
"I'll be back. Just leave me. I feed to have some space right now. I'm not going to leave you."
"No y/n! I'm not letting you go! I don't want you to die alone."
"I'm not going to die. I'm not leaving you. Seriously. Just walk away for a minute."
"I think we should believe her." Scott interrupted
"You can't be serious." Stiles interjected.
"I am. Believe her. She knows what she's doing."
Scott rested a hand on Dereks shoulder, insisting he leaves her. Derek rested her down and backed away from her. He watched her every move, eyeing for breathing and trembling. But soon it all stopped and Dereks heart fell flat.
He tried to step toward her but Scott pulled him back.
"Just wait. Watch."
After a moment of y/n laying in the moonlight her body erupted in flames.
"Y/n!" Stiles screamed in shock.
"Stiles! It's okay."
"She's on fire!" Derek shouted
"Just wait."
They waited for another moment and her body cooled down. She dissipated into a pile of ash. Derek couldn't believe what he just saw. He saw her die right in front of him and she was now ash. He couldn't even see her face one more time. But before his knees could give up in dispare, the pile moved. The ashes separated and fell to the side, tumbling over top each other. Out of the pile rose y/n, her body floating in mid air. Yellow razzles flooded to her wound and sewed themselves into her like a healer. After the bright lights she was set on the ground. Her eyes opened, flashed yellow and then rested at her normal color. Derek rushed over and picked her up quickly.
"Oh my god you're okay."
"I'm fine Derek."
"How the hell did this even happen. What are you??"
"A Phoenix." Scott butted in.
"You knew?"
"Only since this afternoon. A lady came in with a phoenix tattoo. It looked exactly like y/ns wings."
She looked behind her and her wigs crackled from the still dying out embers.
"I'm just glad you're okay."
"I'm glad I'm okay too." she snorted.
"So does this mean you're immortal?"
"No. It means I am ever changing-"
"Like the soul." Scott finished
"Exactly."
"That's what the lady told me."
"Well then she is very wise."
Derek pulled her to his chest tight and he huffed into her hair.

Your POV
"You're so lucky you're not dead. Or I would have killed you myself."
"How does that make any sense?" I laughed
"It just does."
"Well you could kill me now. I would just come back."
"Don't tempt me." He grabbed my face in a joking manner and kissed my cheek.
"Come on. Let's just get home."
Derek stood me up and helped me walk over to his car.
"Does this mean I can call you smokin hot now?"