78

"No, Hayden, I havent done anything illegal!" I explained as I sat on the kitchen counter, keeping a close eye on the three year old wobbling around my living room with a stuffed animal in her hand, the other hand in her mouth.

"Then what do you need?" My laywer asked, I could here him clicking away at his computer. I bit down into my lip, trying to figure out a way to explain this to him without seeming like we kidnapped her.

"NIck has a kid, and we went to the park last night- yes I know its a suprised to me too, but anyways, we went to the park and he saw her, Hayden, her back was covered in cuts, it was disgusting. She lives, lived, with her rotten, alcoholic uncle, who clearly cant take care of her." I grumbled, rolling my eyes as I thought about that man.

"I see what you need, send me some picture evidence and Ill send in for a gardian change and court meeting to discuss, Ill send officers to the uncles house to see whats going on, but if what you said is right, he most likely hangover and doesnt know whats going on, or where she is." I nodded, saying my thank you's and hanging up just as the door opened.

"Dadda!" Amelias head whipped around and she came running to the door, dropping her hand from her mouth and the toy in the other hand.

"Hi there princess." He cooed, smiling at the small child and picking her up to rest against his chest. She cuddled into his chest and wrapped her fingers around his PJ shirt.

"Hi, Dems." He greated me, walking over and pecking my cheek. Nick nodded towards my phone and I confirmed his unasked question with a firm nod.

"Hes checking in and getting us a gardian change." I grinned, resting my hand lightly on the light brown hair that fell down her back, careful not to hit where the bandages bumbed out from under the shirt she wore.

"Good." He stated, kissing her head and settling down on the couch with her in his arms. I grabbed my laptop and sat next to him, yawning slightly before opening it.

***

"This ones nice, I really like it." Nick said, pointing at the loft I was looking at, but it just didnt seem right, I loved the Hollywood houses, but I dont know, there was something else that I wanted. A thought popped into mind and my eyes grew wide.

"Nick? Would you, would you move to another part of Cali? I think, I just think it would be better, you know? New town, fresh start? I think Sofia would like it, and we could put some distance between Amelia and her uncle." I snarled lightly.

He grinned at me, nodding his head and turning my laptop, changing the location to San Franciso instead of Hollywood. The lofts that popped up were beautiful, very beautiful and a lot cheaper then the other ones in Hollywood. We talked about them, pointed out things we liked and in the end, had a total of four.

"We should go down and see them after we get this settled out, you know? So we know we picked the right one." He said, stroking the hair of little Amelia who was watching a TV show with her fingers in her mouth.

"Sounds good, baby." I agreed, reaching over and pulling out the thumb from her mouth. She was unfased, staring into the TV screen like a trained robot.

"We have to get her off that, its so bad for her teeth." I complained, glad I didnt have to break Sofia of it.

"I know, but she looks so innocent when she does it, I wish she wasnt growing up so fast." Amen, buddy. My phone went off in my pocket and I took it out, quickly getting up and answering the call from my laywer.

"Court date, two hours, be there." He said, and I broke out in a smile, jumping up and down infront of my boyfriend and his daughter, screaming on the inside.

"Yeah, we will! Thank you! So much!" In less then three hours, we were ten steps closer.

***

small ): sorry guys ): blah. ):

Ill see ya later, im tired and sick and ew.