97

I sat up in the bed, followed by Nick and got to my feet, looking at the doctor with pleading eyes. My heart was in my stomach with brought back anxiety and fear. Nick secured his arm around my shoulders and squeezed me against his side.

"Amelia flat lined quite a few times during the operation and started to bleed out near the end, but doctors were able to stop the bleeding and bring her back before stitching her up. She in ICU right now, she will be under anesthetic for a few more hours. She can go home in two days, at the earliest." I breathed out a sigh of relief, rubbing my hands over my makeup free face.

"Oh thank god, thank you Dr. Hanagan." Nick said, reaching out and shaking his hand. I slipped my hand into his as he came back to me, a giant smile crossing his face as he wrapped me in a tight hug.

"Our baby, shes going to be okay!" He grinned and picked me up, spinning me around in the air. He looked so overjoyed and i joined in, excited about the fact that Amelia would be okay and come home within a few days and the first word he said. Our. Our baby. Amelia is our baby.

The next few days went by with a blurr, Nick and I went home, saw my oldest baby, spent time with her, we planned our movie dates and spent many hours in the hospital with Amelia. She was slowly going back to herself, despite her pain, she still giggled with her sisters and with us. She played on her iPad but moved around very little.

Three days later, they wanted to keep her for another few since her pain wasn't going down as fast as they would have liked and the wound wasn't healing very well either. Nick and I stayed until she fell asleep, Sofia was at home with Jordan, more then excited to stay up late with her aunt.

I laid on the couch with my fiance, dreaming up wedding ideas for this summer. We fell asleep in each others arms after watching a few romantic movies together, we hadn't gotten a valentines day and have been doing random things every now and then.

The next morning, Sofia was playing with Nick in her room with some puzzles we had gotten her at the hospital gift shop a while ago while I made breakfast. Sofia and her daddy, two out of three of my loves, made their way out, both dressed in PJ's, Sofia's cute pink kitty PJ's looked completely adorable on her.

I had just put a plate of pancakes and bacon on each place at the table while Nick accompanied Sofia to wash her hands when the phone rang.

I picked up the home phone and answered it, holding it in between my chin and shoulder while holding two glass cups of coffee.

"Hello, may I please speak to Demetria or Nicholas Jonas?"

"Demetria speaking."

"Hello, it is Dr. Hanagan, we need both of you into the hospital as soon as possible. My nurse called your cellphones, but no answer from either." Worry began to swarm into my mind. Both our phones have been dead since last night.

"Why?" I put one of the cups down and brought my hand to my lips, chewing on the nail."

"Amelia woke early this morning complaining of pain, we sent her to MRI and the results came back just a few minutes ago. The cancer we removed days ago has spread and now is infecting her lungs and is dangerously close to her heart."

My mind went blank. I dropped the phone from my ear and let my hands go limp. I heard the smashing of the cup of coffee to the ground and loud footsteps before everything went black and I felt like I was falling.

Meh idk how I feel about this. I need ideas as to what else to write. I got nothing. ugh.