Our Home

"I want to move." I looked over at Kalum, frowning. He stared at me for a moment before grinning and nodding his head.

"I was going to suggest it, but didn't want to step on your toes." He told me. I agreed, had I not wanted too and if he told me too, I would get upset most likely. We talked about it for a while and finally agreed we wanted to move, and finally get our own place.

I contacted a moving company and had scheduled for movers to arrive the next morning. We would direct them and then would head out to look at open houses in the area. We went to bed that night in a happier mood than we had thought we would. I checked on Sofia before we went to bed, she had been tossing and turning, but had stayed asleep.

When Sofia woke up that morning, we had been awake for hours and the living room was almost packed as well as the kitchen. We explained to her when she became scared that we were taking her back, that we were going to move into a new house.

We left the house an hour and a half later, after the movers had moved to pack the bedrooms. We took the few things we would need for the day, wallets, extra clothing and a few other small things we didn't want packed, like my laptop and phone, and headed to breakfast at iHop.

The first house the restate agent showed us was horrible and small. I shook my head at Kalum as Sofia looked around, it was rather old and we didnt like it.

The second house was alright, but lacked a backyard that I wanted so Sofia could play and run.

And the day went on, house by house we looked, but never found one we really loved until the last minute. An hour before the house closed for the night we showed up and I fell in love almost instantly. The outside was a grey stone and black roofing with a big front yard, porch and garage. We entered the house and it was beautiful, dark hard wood floors, a huge kitchen and much more.

Kalum and I took a few minutes to look around before we agreed, this was our house.

"I like this house." Sofia grinned, looking around a room upstairs that was painted baby pink.

Us too.