Regrets

The next morning I hadn't even heard her wake up, get dressed and run down the stairs until I heard a frying pan hit the floor and I jolted awake. I looked at the baby monitor and jumped from bed, running downstairs. Sofia stood on the counter, looking around the kitchen with a smile on her face when she saw me. My kitchen was trashed to say the least, but seeing her made me smile. She was wearing neon shorts and a black t-shirt that was backwards, her hair was thrown up into a lopsided pony tail, but what surprised me most was how red her skin was. Shit. I forgot to put sunscreen on her at all yesterday.

"I made breakfast!" I looked around my messy kitchen, there was egg and cereal all over the counter, but I couldnt help but smile.

"Thank you, sweetheart, but lets clean this up and you can help me make a real breakfast." She giggled, letting me help her down as we began to start breakfast over. She helped me for a while, setting things up and then set the table. 

It was just after noon when Kalum came by and we were hanging out watching movies. Sofia stayed cuddled up close to me with her head on my chest while Kalum controlled the remote. I had her have a cold shower and then applied cooling lotion to her body, she was pretty red, but it didn't bug her too much atleast

Kalum stayed for dinner and we were finishing a movie when the doorbell rang, before Kalum and I were able to get off the couch, the five year old let out a scream that I swear could shatter glass.