43

I had wanted to do something more dramatic and different with her hair, but we just decided on something simple and quick, she was getting hungry and the whole bag of candy she ate at the movie wasn't very filling. The hairdresser trimmed out the bottoms of her hair, thinning out the middle of her hair to lighten the weight on her little head. She got her hair washed out with some cool smelling shampoo, thats what Sofia described it as. The lady doing her hair blow dried and curled her freshly cut locks before I payed, taking my kids hand and leaving.

Today wasn't really a celebration of her last day as a five year old, it was more of a mommy-daughter date, which I really enjoyed, recently we hadn't had a lot of time alone with each other, I had been going into the studio and working on some stuff every now and then, even when she was with me, we didn't do much together.

Summer was approaching, which meant I could take her places, I had to always be in LA or the states because if they wanted to call on me for a show or something, I needed to be close enough I guess. Summer was when I was planning on showing her places she probably doesn't even know are real, Paris, Russia, Australia, London, Hawaii, tones of places I wanted to take her.

I was tugged out of my thoughts as her hand left mine and she rushed ahead to stand in line at McDonalds, I didn't know what was with this kid and McDonalds, she really liked it even though it was super bad for her. I was already tired, but I had to keep awake and not want to pass out, it was only 2 and we had tones of things we wanted to do today.

I stood behind her, playing with her curls as we waited to order, the line wasn't long, but these people are super slow, holy crap.

When we made it to the front, I ordered a salad, two chocolate milkshakes, her chicken nugget meal thing and payed quickly, stepping to the side.

"Mommy? Can we go to the splash park and the big park after lunch?" She played with the end of my dress, looking up at me every few seconds. You could see the tiredness in her eyes, it stood out among all the other things you could see in her eyes, her big beautiful eyes. I knew she wanted to skip naps now, since shes going to be six, but I didn't plan on letting up on them until she started school in September.

"Sure princess, as long as you're careful" I hadn't taken her swimming since the last time, I didn't trust her, I wanted her to have swimming lessons before I let her back into a pool deeper then her waist. She hadn't needed the medication much, sometimes I could hear the wheezing but she refused it, which I hated sometimes but the doctor said not to push it.

We got our food, sat down and ate it, talking every few minutes about little things that popped into her head, which I found adorable, her mind jumped from idea to idea, it didn't matter what is was, she could go from cats to the reason the sky is blue. It always made me smile.

After eating, we took a walk around, looking threw the stores, not finding anything we wanted, and soon left the mall behind us. In the car, she struggled to keep awake, all excited about being able to go to the splash pad.

I carried her inside, stopping to wave at some of the other adults here, I really should start talking to them, I don't think Marissa will be back in our lives again.

I placed her down on the couch, closing the blinds and turning on that annoying little yellow sponge that she enjoys so much, heading to the laundry room to look for her swim suit and a bottle of sunscreen. I grabbed a little bag, her dance bag, and placed some water bottles, juice, sunscreen, pair of clothes and two towels inside, I was going to sunbath while she played.

She was laying on the couch, out like a light since I darkened the room and I wanted her to stay that way for a while. I retrieved my phone from the bottom of my purse and snapped a picture, ignoring Marissas number on the screen. I unlocked it, feeling bad for ignoring her and all, so I clicked on messages and read threw them.