"So, doesn't mean I can't. We've all gotta do things we don't like sometimes," Oak shrugged again and stood up from the bed, grabbing the clothes that she brought in here with her so she could change in the bathroom, they had twenty minutes before Mitch was coming to the hotel so she needed to get her move on. 

When she was concealed in the bathroom she made sure she was quick to put on her dark grey turtle neck jumper and her black and grey checkered trousers, she wasn't bothering putting her hair in a fancy style or putting any make-up on other than lip balm.

"I'm worried about her," Joe said to the other two quietly. Charlie pondered for a second, recounting the interactions he'd had with her, he noticed that she did seem off in some way but he couldn't pinpoint the issue and he didn't want to go around throwing assumptions about when he could be way off. They'd all rather know the truth. 

"You don't think it's her dad again do you?" Alex asked worriedly, his top teeth biting the inside of his bottom lip, something he didn't when he felt worried or nervous. "I mean, the acting cameo seemed to have brought out something within her. . ." He added, his mind racing with several different things. Maybe it was just one of those days where she felt down and would do anything to not, although she never got them much. 

"I sure hope it isn't because if it is I'll fucking kill him," Charlie said with so much hatred toward the man, the despise he felt whenever his name was mentioned was a feeling like no other.

The three boys remember one time when he had kicked her so hard in the stomach that it had winded her for about twenty minutes and it had formed a bruise the size of a small football; they can recall all of the emotional hurt he had inflicted also. The majority of their friends' pain branched with him at the top of the chain, he was like the devil punishing her for being herself. 

They'd heard first hand what he'd say like you're a worthless piece of shit, Oak and you don't realise how happy it makes me knowing that I don't have to see your face every day, oh and the infamous no one will ever love you, have you see yourself? Blue hair and the stupid clothing you call fashion, the world would be so much better without you in it.

Vaguely, Oak could make out what their conversation was about and she appreciated the care they had for her, but her hearing them feel hurt, hurt her even more.

David Rivers
Heard you're in America

Her eyes scanned the message and an immediate lump formed in her throat, sure it sounded harmless at first but she knew what was coming, he was evil and always managed to make her feel like shit. She didn't even know why she had his number, she never spoke to him, she only got insulted.

David Rivers
Your mum and brothers are so much happier without you being home.

David Rivers
They've not got your crappy music taste or the thing you and the stupid band call 'music'. The longer you're away the less they care.

David Rivers
So you should stay in the States, you're more likely to get killed there than you are over here, fingers crossed, eh?

"Oak, Mitchell's here," Joe announced with a light knock on the door, she shut her phone off quickly then exited the bathroom with a faux smile. She was getting good at doing them, it was second nature to her these days.