~Chapter 20~

OKAY, EVERYONE! I'M GIVING A QUICK NOTE BEFORE YOU CONTINUE! PLEASE STOP READING IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO TOPICS OF SUICIDE AND DEATH I REALLY DON'T WANT TO HURT YOU SO PLEASE STOP IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THIS! THANK YOU!

M/N's POV (Y/N's Mom)

   My daughter, a superheroine! She turns around to her desk and Midnight keeps staring at me. I bring my pointer finger to my face and tell her to be quiet. I wink in the process. Midnight nods her head and Y/N turns around again to me. I quickly place my hand down and smile sheepishly. Y/N looks at me with disbelief but ignores it. She grabs my hand and sits me down on her bed.

   "You might need to sit down for this," She tells me and I obey her. She starts stuttering and blushing madly as she begins to talk, "I-I, w-well *ahem* MomI'mdatingasuperhereopleasedon'tkillme!" She says really fast and I look at her confused.

   "Tell me again, but slow please," I state.

   "Mom I'm dat-" She talks really slow like a sloth and then I snap at her kindly, "Oh just tell me already!" I grab her shoulders and look at her excitedly.

   "I'm dating a superhero... please don't kill meh," I look at her blankly still holding on to her shoulders looking at her. I soon smirk at her and start asking her a bunch of questions.

   "Who is he? What does he look like? What's his name? Is he cute? What does he wear? What is his favorite color? Oh please tell me everything!" Y/N starts pushing me out of her room and then closes the door. I sigh and head downstairs. I start making dinner until the door opens.

   "I'm home," F/N comes through the door and I look at him.

   "Hello, honey! Welcome home!" He grumbles at me and I frown. He drops his bag on the floor and sits on the couch. He turns on the TV and the news pops up. I walk over to his bag and bend down to pick it up. I stop in my tracks when I hear the reporter talk about Y/N falling off the Eiffel Tower.

   "When did this happen?" F/N stands up and I can see him clutch his fists. I start stumbling on my words. He walks up to me pushes me away and runs up the steps. I fall to the floor due to his force.

"No! Y/N!" I shout out and start getting up.

Y/N's POV

   I lay back down on my bed once I push my mom out of my room.

   "How many gosh darn questions does this woman have?" I laugh. Midnight joins me and we keep laughing for a few seconds. We stop and sit in comfortable silence. I hear the door open downstairs and chattering. It's probably my parents, I think to myself.

   Midnight flies under my bed and falls asleep. I made a little bed for her down there because she can't be out in the open. I don't want my dad to know my secret. It's already bad enough that mom knows but I felt like she would understand and keep my secret. There's just something about my mom that I don't know about her. Questions keep swirling around my head. My thoughts are interrupted as my door slams open. I jump up and see my dad there.

   He looks really mad and walks up to me. He grabs my elbows and keeps me in place.

   "What were you doing at the Eiffel Tower!" He yells at me. I start to speak but nothing comes out. He sets me down and grabs my arm. He pulls me to my balcony and grabs my throat. WHAT IS HE DOING?, I scream in my thoughts and start struggling to get out.

   He pulls his arm out and my feet are dangling about a hundred feet above the ground. I start screaming and the door opens again with my mom. She looks at me with fear in her eyes and starts running up to me. My dad pushes her away and she hits her head on the railing. She blacks out. I shout to my mom but I could barely breathe. This is not how I was expecting my dad to react-, I think. I'm still struggling to get out of his grasp.

   "If you wanted to kill yourself why didn't you just say so?" My dad says evilly. I stop moving and look at him. Tears start to fill my eyes as he lets go of me. I feel the air behind me as I start to fall.

Adrien's POV

   I'm sitting down on the couch as the TV is playing. Addison lays down ready to fall asleep. I should be happy because Y/N is now my girlfriend, but something doesn't feel right. I sneakily leave the couch as I see Addison asleep. I transform and start to patrol again.

   After a few minutes pass, my stomach starts turning. Now I know something is wrong. I quickly go visit Y/N, but as I inch closer and closer to her house I see red and blue lights. I stop when I see Ladybug talking to police officers. I see the ambulance talking to Y/N's mom and other officers taking Y/N's dad away. I walk up to Ladybug.

   "Hey, Ladybug what's going on?" I talk to her.

   "Y/N is in really great danger Chat. Her dad is being arrested and her mom is being questioned." Ladybug tells me. My heart drops and Ladybug keeps talking to the police officer. I quickly run over to Y/N's mom.

   "Mrs. L/N, please tell me what's going on!" I ask her. The police officer walks away and Y/N's mom starts crying.

"It was a whole predicament, b-but long story short, Y/N was pushed off of the balcony by her father while I fainted from him pushing me and I hit my head," she was still crying as she says that. She covers her face with her hands as her tears fall.

   The tears sting my own eyes as I imagine the thought of Y/N falling. I wasn't there to save her, why her, why Y/N? I hug her mom, who was a little shorter than me, and we start crying together. Ladybug starts walking over to us standing there confused, but I can see that she was crying too. I let go of Y/N's mom and she turns over to me.

   "Your Y/N's boyfriend, aren't you?"She asks me. I'm still sad but the heat rushes to my cheeks.

   "Y-yeah I am,"

   "I can tell you're a good one,"

   "What?" I ask her. She smiles at me but then she's pulled away by a police officer asking her to the ambulance truck.

   "You have a girlfriend Chat?" Ladybug asks me. I nod my head and she smiles.

   "That's good Chat. You finally have someone that loves you back!" Ladybug smiles but then frowns. "I'm sorry this is not really a happy event-" Ladybug says. We stand there awkwardly for a while but then I'm being pulled away by Y/N's mom.

   "Y/N is in this truck we are going with her to the hospital!" My eyes widen and start running with her to the truck. We jump in and I can see Y/N. My heart breaks as I see her like this. She was bleeding almost everywhere and I couldn't see her blue eyes. Y/N's mom is sobbing and looks away. I don't know what to do.