~Chapter 16~

I crash on my bed, tired. Midnight flies out of my backpack and looks around.

   "What are you looking for this time Midnight?" I question her. still laying on my bed like a starfish.

   "Where's your Nintendo switch?" She wonders. I'm confused about why she wonders that but I get up and walk upstairs. I look around my bookshelf and then take out a video game and the console. I head back downstairs and connect it to my TV. I place the game inside and then it pops up on the screen. I take the controllers off and hand one to Midnight.

   Ultimate Mega Strike Powers up on the screen and we start customizing our characters. This was my all-time favorite game. I even heard there was going to be a match play tomorrow at school. My character was a grey robot looking wolf. Midnight was the same but white. We start playing for about an hour and it was already night time. I snuggle up in my bed.

   "Goodnight Midnight," I tell her.

   "Goodnight Y/N," We both fall into a deep sleep.

Next Day

   The alarm rings and I shut it off. I wake up and head to my bathroom due to the morning routine. I'm about to go out until I hear a knock at my balcony door.

   A certain black cat was there and I walk over to open it up.

   "Hey, kitty. What are you doing here? I have to get to school," I tell him.

   "I know Purrincess, but I wanted to see you again," He says as he walks in my room and sits down on the floor. I check the clock and I have an hour until school starts. I forgot about daylight savings time. I sit across from him and it was an awkward silence for a while.

   "So, how's life?" He interrupts the silence.

   "I guess it's ok," I say.

   "What about you and your dad? How have things been with him?"

   "Things have changed in this house that's for sure. He disappeared ever since that. I don't know what's happening,"

   "Well, I'm here for you as always Princess," He assures me. I smile at him. He gets up and starts looking around my room. I realize the drawings I did of him were hung on my wall near my bed. I quickly get up and run over to my bed to take it down. It was too late.

   "Oh, I see you've been thinking of me purrincess?" He flirts. I blush but I try not to show it.

   "Do you love me mon amour~?" Chat smirks. By now he's centimeters away from my face and I'm red. It was awkward silence once again. I look at the clock and realize I have fifteen minutes until school.

   "O-Oh would y-you look at the t-time! I-I better get going!" I say as I gently push him away and grab my backpack. Chat checks the clock and panics.

    "U-Um yeah I better go too! You know saving Paris and all! I'll come back tonight Y/N once I'm done with patrol! Cya!" He walks out into my balcony and uses his staff to boost away. I smile and then run out of my house. Nico was waiting for me and then she opens the door. After a few minutes, I'm at school. No one was outside and I panic. I run inside and see no one in the school either. I look up to the second floor and see everyone cheering.

   I run up the stairs to see the championship has already begun. I stand next to Alya and Marinette. Mari was fawning over Adrien while Alya was recording the game. They didn't notice me so I went next to Addison.

   "Hey Addi," I wave.

   "Hey, Y/N. Nice seeing you here! Did you come over to do the championship?" She wonders.

   "Yeah, I was hoping I wasn't too late,"

   "You're not. This is already the third match. Max has the highest score out of all of us. Whoever becomes second and first go to the tournament here in Paris!" Addison is now making jazz hands and I laugh. I hear more cheering as I see Max won the third challenge against Adrien. Mr. Damacleus walks up to the group and announces everything Addison said. He then asks if anyone else would do it for one more challenge against Max. Everyone's quiet.

   "I will!" I say raising my hand and everyone looks at me.

   "No way will you beat Max. He has the highest score in the game! If you beat Adrien then yes you're in. But no way can you beat Max," Kim walks up and challenges me. I smirk and ignore him. I take Adrien's controller and sit next to Max.

   "May the best player win," he tells me. He pulls out his hand and I take it. I customize my character exactly like I did yesterday against Midnight. I won every single battle. I also have a secret technique that no one knows.

   Max's character is black with some green and has a triangle-shaped head. A green circle was in the middle of it. Once we were done the game was on. It was intense and I was really close to losing, but then I power up and do my secret technique. The game shows big words saying, "Y/N HAS WON!" I jump up and down and punch the air with my fist. Everyone's jaw is open and Max sat there speechless.

   "It's ok. You've won fair and square," Is the last thing Max says and then he walks out of the library. I felt bad for him but then Adrien walks up to me with his hand out. I look up at him a little bit since I am shorter than him and he smiles.

   "Nice job Y/N. You and I will be at the tournament!" I take his hand and shake it.

   "Alright, class! We have our champions! No everyone back to class to continue the rest of the day!" Mr. Damacleus announces and everyone shuffles out. Well, everyone except for Marinette. She pulls me away in between two bookshelves of the library.

   "I'm happy that you won, but I'm upset that you get to do it with Adrien!" She pouts. I am starting to get annoyed by this. I'm not trying to steal him I'm just doing a tournament with him.

   "I know that but still you get to do it with him! You know I lov-LIKE him!" Marinette whisper shouts. She covers her mouth realizing she said it out loud.

   "Just stay calm Marinette, it's just a tournament!" I tell her and then I walk out of the library and head to class. Before I open the door, I hear screams from outside of the school grounds. I run outside to see what's going on.

   A black pyramid shape with a green circle in the middle is floating in the streets and is shooting green lasers towards people. They turn into green orbs and then get sucked into the green circle. I stand there confused about what's going on. Then it hits me, the black shape looks like Max's character in the game. He was mad about me winning and him losing!

   I was about to run away until my name is called out from the figure. I'm frozen solid as he inches closer to me. He shoots one more person and then soon he's at level two. The highest level was four. He grows robot looking legs on each side and now he's moving faster. He looks at me but then runs away to get more powerups. I'm relieved as I run back into the school. Wrong timing, though, kids start running out of the school heading home. I'm pushed back and soon I'm in the middle of the street on the floor. I run past the bakery into the park but stop when I see Max again.

   "Max! Stop doing this! Don't let negative emotions get to you!" I shout at him.

   "Max is no more! My name is now Gamer 2.0! And you Y/N is exactly the person I need!" He shouts out from inside the robot and shoots orbs at me. I scream, not able to run away. That's until I feel something snaking around my waist and runs away. I open my eyes to see my legs flying behind the mysterious person while he holds onto me. I hang on as he jumps to a roof and then soon I'm back home.

   He let's go of me at my balcony and I Chat Noir.

   "Chat! Thank you for saving me!" I thank him and then hug him. I let go and his face is red.

   "No purroblem princess," Chat says and bows. He walks off to my balcony and then jumps off. I then see him rising up thanks to his staff. I smile and then Midnight flies out.

   "You done yet lover girl?" She questions. I don't hear her and keep gazing out of my balcony that Chat jumped off of. I snap out of it and look at Midnight.

   "H-Huh, oh y-yeah! MIDNIGHT! HOWL ON!"