FOURTEEN

TYLER

I think I messed up. I am staring at the ceiling in my bedroom and all I can think of is Bailey. Bailey who hasn't texted me back. Bailey who left with another guy. Bailey who I know little to nothing about. But yet she still sits there unmoving with the smile that I have only seen on a rare occasion. I don't know how this happened. We are barely into the first semester and instead of having my mind on basketball, it is stuck on a girl who doesn't give a fuck.

It has been a week since our time together. I say time because if I really think over what happened I am going to need to go to the bathroom and jerk one off. And the day just started so I am not trying to do that. It's nearing the end of October, meaning that practices are increasing and so is my stress. I don't have the time or the want to have to be thinking about her and I need it to stop.

Today is Sunday and it is officially our first day off but I know I am not going to be able to sit in the house all day so I decide to go to the courts where I took Bailey. Will it bring up memories of our time together? Sure. But I need to play basketball outside and that is my favorite place to do it. 

It has been raining for the past week and today isn't any different. It was raining this morning but as of right now it is just overcast and I am hoping it stays that way. I'm jogging around my house like an idiot and I am glad none of the boys are awake or I would need to explain why I am up at the ass crack of dawn looking for my outside basketballs shoes. By the time I realize they are probably already in my truck from the last time, I have wasted about 10 minutes and I am just getting more antsy by the second. When I get out to my truck, I look up at the sky and it looks like it could pour any minute but that doesn't stop me from putting her in drive and rolling the windows down. The houses blur by and I feel like I am on auto pilot because when I get there I don't remember any of the drive and I'm wondering how I didn't wreck.

When my feet hit the court, I feel some air finally fill my lungs for the first time in a little bit. If I don't fix what is happening quickly it may become an issue, I either need to sleep with her and get over it or just stop hanging around her all together. I'm gonna be honest though, we all know the first option is pretty much the only choice at this point.

I set my things on the ground and go to put my shoes on when the first rain drop hits the ground. Well that fucking sucks because I am staying no matter what at this point. I'm wearing a light grey t-shirt, so by the end of the day it make turn a nice heather grey.

I start by stretchingmy muscles out because coach would kill me if I pulled something before the firstgame. We are projected to be in the top 4 for early season predictions, meaningour first game will be against one of the others in the top four. In theory itis supposed to show skill levels at the beginning of the season and set thecourse. But I just feel like I may shit my shorts before this game because ifwe don't reach expectations now it is harder to build it back up when you werepredicted to do better. Another reason why my head needs to be right beforeopening day.  

When I really get into my warm-ups, the rain starts coming down harder and I don't know if it is my sweat dripping down my forehead or a rain drop. The sky is dark and the wind is picking up at this point but I slam the ball against the ground and try to keep a grip as it comes back up. 

About 15 minutes late the first sound of thunder goes off and a strike of lighting not long after and I decide to call it a day before I get myself shocked. I grab my things and sprint to my truck, I am wet like I just took a shower with my clothes on and when I throw my stuff into the backseat I grab a towel from the ground to put it onto my seat so I don't get it too wet. 

When I am finally into the warmth of my truck, I grab my phone from the center consul and see that I have a missed call from Kole. I figure that I will be home pretty soon so I can just see what he wants when I get there.