NINE

BAILEY

It is finally the weekend and I am so thankful. September is finally here which means college football and fall is following close behind. I haven't seen Kole much this week since Basketball workouts are picking up the closer they get to season with official practices starting toward the middle of the month. Me and Tyler talk in Econ but other than that we haven't seen each other outside of class.

It is game day today and while Kentucky is definitely not a football school me, G and Kyla are going to the game today since it will be our last first college football game. I don't think it has fully hit me all the lasts that I will experience this year but today as we are picking out our game day outfits I can't help but feel sad. All the time we spent together fusing over our hair and clothes. To getting plastered before the games and then leaving halfway through to take a nap before going out that night.

"I think I am going to wear my Black ripped jeans and the white crop top." Kyla says as she shift through her closet as me and G sit on her bed already ready to go.

G is wearing a Kentucky blue tube top, that has Kentucky on it in white lettering. She paired that ripped light blue jeans and her white vans. I am just wearing my ripped jean shorts and the Blue and white Kentucky football jersey.

"Yep this is it, I am staying with this outfit. Let me go to the bathroom and then we can go." Me and G start to cheer when Kyla is finally ready to go and we stand up from the bed and head out to the living room. I put on my white Crocs and grab my wallet and am ready to go.

"Aiyana just texted and asked if we could meet up in the parking lot before we go in so we can watch the game together." G says as she reads Aiyana's text from her phone.

While I might not see the boys that much Aiyana has been coming over a lot and we have gotten lunch and dinner many times this past week. "Duh I figured we were going to meet up at some point". I answer back.

"Awesome I will let her know" and with that G is texting her back.

"Okay ladies let's get this show on the road, I am ready to get fucking drunk!" Kyla is out of the bathroom and she grabs both me and G's hands and we are out the door and on our way to the field.

The sun is out today but there is also a breeze making it bearable out. We are still hand in hand as we get closer to the field. People are out tailgating and some are already walking into the stadium. Game time is at noon today and we show up around 10:30. 

"Okay so Aiyana sent me her location, it looks like we aren't too far so I think they are tailgating in the parking lot." G says and then begins to pull me and Kyla with her farther into the parking lot.

I look around trying to see if I can find one of the guys because they shouldn't be that hard to spot. "Oh I see Marcus!" I point to where his head is above everyone else's and me and the girls make our way over. Aiyana spots us first and when she runs over and tackles us into a 4-way hug I know she is already having a great time and we need to catch up.

"Girl give me whatever you are having because we all need it "Kyla voices my thoughts and me and G nod as Aiyana pulls away.

"Let's do shots!" and with that Aiyana is pulling us over to the Kentucky canopy where there are tables set up with coolers on top and the boy standing around drinking beers.

Aiyana pulls tequila from one of the coolers and grabs a pack of multicolor shot glasses from the back of Tyler's truck and walks back over to us. She pours each glass to the brim and calls the boys over to take them with us. I don't see Kole but Tyler, Reece, Marcus, Ethan, Andre and some of the rest of the team walk over to join.