TEN

TYLER

I went over what happened this weekend over and over again in my head. After I kissed Bailey and she then proceeded to leave me there with no shirt on. When I ran back inside she was nowhere to be found and when I asked Kyla she said that she had left. Don't ask me how she got out of the house that quickly because I couldn't tell you. On Sunday I tried calling Bailey all day after I got her number from Reece but she didn't answer.

She didn't answer one of my 20 calls or 37 text messages. Not one.

I don't really know what to do now. Because it is Monday and I am walking to our Econ lecture and I am not sure if I am supposed to sit in the seat next to her or move back to my original seat.

When I walk into the Lecture I see her already sitting there in her seat. She is sitting with her back unreasonably straight and anyone could see how tense she was from a mile away. Fuck it. We are going to work this out and I am going to go sit in my damn seat. I walk down the stairs and turn into our row. I know I was confident but now I don't think I am breathing at all and the closer I get the more my hands sweat.

I know she sees me coming but she also does everything in her power to not look my way. When I pull my seat out and sit down I try to come up with the words to say, knowing damn well she won't speak up but for the first time I don't know what I want to say.

It was a mistake. That's all I know for sure.

"Bailey" such a dangerous game I am playing. Her name feels different on my mouth and I wonder if mine will sound different coming out of hers.

Her eyes snap to mine and I can she is fighting with herself trying to figure out what to do. "Tyler, what happened" she trails off. "What happened in the garage was a mistake. We shouldn't have done that".

Even though I agree, I still feel like sting a rejection.

"We both weren't in the right mind and we just got caught up in the moment. I don't want you to the get the wrong impression." She continues on. When I just sit there like an idiot she keeps going.

"I know it was you calling me all day yesterday but I felt like we really needed to have this conversation in person. I don't want a relationship or anything with you besides a friendship, if we can even still have that. I didn't tell anyone either so we can just pretend nothing happened" she looks to me probably hoping for an answer but here I am once again being a dumbass and saying nothing instead.

When the professor starts the lesson I hear Bailey sigh from next to me and turn away. Probably losing hope that I was going to give her anything on my feelings.

God my feelings I don't know what the hell I am feeling. I don't know what I was thinking this weekend. She just looked so pretty and when she wouldn't talk to me all night I needed to know what the hell was going on. I hadn't known her for long but when I let someone into my life it's because I want them there, and she is officially apart of it. When I walked into the garage I had no intention of kissing her but when I got in there and she looked at me the alcohol took over and I couldn't think straight anymore.

I am not looking for a relationship, that is something we can agree on. Basketball has to be my one and only true love. Especially right now, with my final season starting in 2 months I can't afford to be distracted. And Bailey Davis, she could have the potential to really fuck with my head.

All through class I want to tell her she is right, that we can just be friends. That we have to be just friends because that is all I can handle right now. But instead I just sit there in silence and don't take a single note. I just stare at my notebook and listen to her write next to me.