THIRTEEN

BAILEY

I walk down the hallway as I text Jay, after reading his text I walk slower not really in the mood to get to his car quickly

I walk down the hallway as I text Jay, after reading his text I walk slower not really in the mood to get to his car quickly. I don't know what I am going to tell him. I try and find Kole on my way out so I can tell him goodbye but when I spot him he is talking to a leggy blonde and I don't feel like interrupting that. I don't see Jay anywhere either so I know he is already outside, just perfect.

I walk down the stairs and down the sidewalk to where Jay is parked on the curb. He is leaning on the passenger side door and He looks up and smirks when he sees me, he dangles the keys from his right hand for me to take.

"I think it would be smart if you drove because while I didn't drink a lot I am feeling very light right now and it wouldn't be a good idea. Also your hair is a mess wanna tell me about that?" I grab the keys from his outstretched hand and give him a nice shove at that last remark.

Jay laughs opening the side door as I walk around to the driver side and slide in. I am thankful he has had a little bit to drink because if not he would definitely be laying into my ass about Tyler and I just don't have the brain capacity for that right now or ever hopefully.

I start the car and Jay rolls down his windows immediately. While it isn't cold outside I still turn the heat up because I know when we start to drive the wind won't make it pleasant. I plug my phone into the aux and press shuffle. Drakes voice fills the car as Best I Ever Had begins to play. I hum the lyrics as I begin the drive home. Driving at night with the windows down and music playing is always the best time. I feel the urge to take the long way home but I don't want to waste Jay's gas so the ride is over quicker than I would have wanted.

When we finally get upstairs to my room and in the door I find myself praying to God that Jay has had a long enough day to where he is ready to go to bed now. He is in the living room changing into his pjs and I pull out a Large t-shirt to throw on. When I walk outside I find him in a pair of basketball shorts and he doesn't have a shirt on.

I am brought back to a time in high school when Jay first started going through puberty and I had a teeny crush on him during my freshman year and man oh man Jay has really grown into himself. But when you are around a guy your whole life and he practically becomes your brother those feelings disappear quickly, but I am still girl and I have eyes. So I do give him a once over.

"Ah ah ah Pebbles how do you think Tyler would feel about you checking me out?" Jay asks as he pulls his toothbrush and toothpaste from his bag. He turns to me raising an eyebrow and I give him the middle finger in response.

"Oh fuck off Jay" I huff and turn to the bathroom. He comes in as I begin to brush my teeth and then he puts his to his mouth doing the same thing. We are silent until we both get into my bed and the lights are off.

"So you want to talk about it?" I hear Jay ask from next to me.

I turn towards him, lying on my elbow and he is already looking at me waiting for me to start talking. "Not really. But I know you are going to make me."