Chapter 61

Liam, Jacob, and Alfred walk to Bruce's room and see that Bruce is still lying on his bed and it seems that he hasn't moved much. Alfred gestures for the boys to go in first and that he would follow. Liam and Jacob walk over to Bruce's bed. "Hey Bud how you holding up we have called you a few times" Liam says as he sits down the end of Bruces bed. Bruce just lies there. "I know i saw" he says. Liam and Jacob nod their head. Bruce look we need you to understand that this is probarbly hard. Trust i know with me and Amber not talking for those few weeks and those where torture and i know that i cant completely understand but i know to an extent" Liam says. Jacob nods. "Bruce man. I know this is hard but you need you need to understand Selinas point of view. For so long you two had talked about just going to collage and then getting a job and then maybe one day getting married and having kids. She grew up not thinking that was going to happen to her. That she was going to be stuck stealing for the rest of her life to just survive and that she was never going to meet someone who she wanted those things with. And for her you leaving for so long would make her feel like you didnt want her. You didnt want those things. That you where using her" Jacobs explains. Bruce just lies there for a few mintues before sitting up on his bed. "This is breaking both of you man. So you need to stop mopping and go and get your girl" Liam says. Bruce nods before jumping up. "After you go and shower" Alfred says. "It can wait. Selina is more important" Bruce says as he runs out of the room.

Amber and Vanessa sit on the couch as Selina just sits and watches the tv. "Selina will you please just talk to us about it. You have not talked about it since it has happened and we want to help" Amber pleads. "There's nothing to talk about. Its over. He's leaving me. Just like everyone else" she says not taking her eyes off of the tv. "Is this why you broke up with him. Because you thougt that he didnt love you and that this was a way for him to get away from you. Selina bruce loves you. More than anything in the world" Vanessa says. "If he loves me than why is he leaving. If he loved me he would stay here where it is safe" she yells as she shoots up and stares at them. "Becuase he wants to prove that he is the man that you need. That this is going to be the best way for him to prove that" Amber says. Selina shakes her head and crys. Amber and Vanessa hug Selina as she crys.

"You know" they hear a voice say. The girls shoot up and see Bruce standing there with Tabitha behind him. "Its amazing how a person walks into someones life and then they cant remember what their life was like before them. And no matter how hard they try they are the only person that they can imagine spending the rest of their lives with" he says as he walks over to selina. Amber and Vanessa let go of Selina and walk over and stand beside Tabitha. "Selina i love you. More than anything. Your the only girl i could ever love. The only girl that i want to have kids with grow old with you. Its always going to be you. I need to do this. I need to do this so that i can be the man that you need. So that i can help the people of Gotham" he says. She just shakes as she crys. "Selina" he says as he takes her hands. "I love you more than anything in the world. And i know we are young. I know that. But that doesnt mean that my love for you is any diffrent. So im asking you to take me back. Not just as your boyfriend but as your fiance" he says. Her head shoots up and looks at him shocked. He smiles at her before going down on one knee. "Selina Maria Kyle. Would you please marry me?" he asks. Selina is now shaking as she sobs. Amber and Vanessa have tears in their eyes as Tabitha has a hug grin on her face. She nods her head. "Yes" she says. Bruce smiles before putting the ring on her finger and standing up and kissing her. "I love you so much" she says. "I know i love you" he says.