Chapter 59

It had been a few weeks since the talk with Alfred and he had made his decision. But he had to tell Selina about it first. Today though was Amber and Liam's gender reveal. They had known for a few weeks but they kept it a secret from everyone.
Only their closest friends where coming. (Bruce, Selina, Alfred, Vanessa, Jacob, Tabitha, Barbara, Jim, Lee and Liam's parents)
It was going to be a small celebration. But that's all they needed.

Bruce stands and looks at himself in the mirror. He saw Selina coming behind his and wrap her arms around him.
"You look handsome" she says. He chuckles.
"Am I to handsome. Don't want to take Liam's spotlight" he says. Selina giggles.
"Well when your in the room your always going to be in the spotlight to me" she says. Bruce turns around and gives her a short kiss. Selina pulls back and puts her hands in his hair.

"What's wrong. There's something going on with you. What is it" Selina asks. Bruce looks into her eyes before he sighs. He takes her hand and leads her to their bed where they sit down.
"I have been keeping something from you" he says. Selina looks confused.
"What have you been keeping a secret from me" she asks.
"I have... I have... I have enlisted in the army" he says. Selinas eyes go wide.
"What... Why didn't you tell me" she asks.
"Because it went that fast. I don't even know if I've got in" he says.
"But what if you do how long are you going to be there for" she asks.
"I put down for 10 years" Bruce says. Selina puts her head down into her hands.
"Why Bruce" she says as she shakes her head.
"Because..." he says as he puts his arms around her.
"Because I want to be able to have some experience before going to college and joining the police. I'm doing what Jim did before he came to Gotham. And look he is commissioner" he says. She sighs before wrapping her arms around him.
"Just promise me you'll come back" she says. He sighs before kissing her head.
"I'll always come back" he says. She cries as she tightens her grip around him.
"I love you" he says.
"I love you too" she says as she gives him a sweet kiss.

Bruce and Selina wipe their tears and walks down to the party. After a few drinks they all walk over to the cake that when opened was either going to be pink or blue. Liam and Amber grab the knife and cut the cake. When opened the cake was pink.
It was a girl.
Amber and Liam smile and everyone cheers. Liam goes and gives amber a kiss and smiles at her telling her that he loves her. Bruce and Selina smile at the couple.

After the party and everyone had left Bruce and Selina sits in the kitchen with a glass of champagne.
"I'm happy for them. Getting a little girl" Bruce says taking a sip of his drink. Selina nods her head not looking at him.
"Hey you Ok" he asks. Selina just nods still not looking at him. Bruce sighs before he walks over and sits down in the chair in front of her.
"Look I know that what I'm doing your not up with and I know you say you are fine with it as long as I come back. But I know your not" he says. She scoffs.
"Of course I'm not happy about it. I had this shit go on with my mother not that long ago. I thought things where going to be fine after that. I thought we where going to finish high school and then go to university and then maybe get married and have kids. I didn't think that you where going to leave me for 10 years. Am I not enough for you" she asks.
"Selina of course you are. You are my everything. I told you why I'm going. I'm going to come back everyone few months when I get time off" he says.
"But why. Why do you need to do this. Yes Jim may have done this and he is a good cop but Harvey is as well and he wasn't in the army. It's like your running away from us. Are you not happy with your life" she asks.
"Selina of course I am. Your just overreacting. I need to do this" he says.
"Why... why do you need to do this" she shouts.
"Because I do. I have this feeling that is telling me to do this that is pulling me to do this" he shouts at her.
"Well if your doing this then I'm done" she says. Bruce just stands still. Shocked at what she said.
"What" he asks.
"I'm said if your doing this then I'm done. I'm not going to be in a relationship with someone who clearly doesn't want me" she cries. Bruce shakes his head and runs to her putting his hands on her cheeks.
"No no no Selina please. I love you. You love me. I can't live without you..." he cries before taking a breather. " but I need to do this" he says. She sighs before removing his hands from her face.
"Then we're done Bruce" she says before walking out of the room. Bruce sighs before falling to the floor and crying.

Selina walks into what was their room and gets a suitcase and chucks some clothes in it. She goes and grabs some of the things she needs from the bathroom and putting it in the suitcase and then closes the suitcase. She walks down the hall and sees Alfred looking at her.
"Miss where are you going" he asks confused on what was happening.
"I'm leaving" she says.
"Leaving what do you mean your leaving. What happened" he asks.
"Bruce going to join the army. I can't be in a relationship with someone who is running away from the people he is meant to love. I love him. With all my heart. But I can't do this with him running away from me" she says before turning and walking down the stairs. Alfred runs after her.
"Selina please. You two love each other that much that you can make it work" he says. She shakes her head.
"No I can't" she says before she closes the door. Walking away from Bruce. Alfred sighs before slamming his hand into the side of the door angry. For the first time in years Bruce was genuinely happy. He found the person that made him happy. But now she was gone. Alfred turns and sees Bruce leaning on the side of the door. He could see that he had been crying. Alfred looks at him and sighs.
"I'm sorry mate" he says. Bruce nods before walking up the stairs and to his room.